• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 rear glass

Cratos

Reaction score
we were going to put the rear window in, and it seems like it is about 1/2 inch short??? And wide with it sitting on the rubber spacers it is barely touching the top it was not the factory window ( no markings on it)

did 70 have a larger window?

Rapidfire

Reaction score
70-74 should all be the same size. I just resealed my 70 challenger with the original glass. What are you 1/2 short from? There are gaps around 1/2 on the top from the edge of the glass to the roof. Here are some pics of my glass on my 70 as I still have my trim off. My rubber spacers were no good so I put a wood spacer to get the gap right on the bottom.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

moparlee

Reaction score
70-74 should all be the same size. I just resealed my 70 challenger with the original glass. What are you 1/2 short from? There are gaps around 1/2 on the top from the edge of the glass to the roof. Here are some pics of my glass on my 70 as I still have my trim off. My rubber spacers were no good so I put a wood spacer to get the gap right on the bottom.

What size sealer did you use, 5/16 or 3/8?

Rapidfire

Reaction score
How thick is the glass? there should be some type of markings on it somewhere! Maybe it's for a cudA? The rear window is different for challenger and cuda! If it's new made glass they could of cut it short somehow. I could measure my rear window and you could check with what you have?

Adam

Reaction score
Can someone measure an original back glass for Cratos?

Reaction score
Cuda window is not even close as it’s curved on all 4 corners. Challenger has square bottom corners.

Cratos

Reaction score
looks like if I turn the rubber shim so it is taller that it lines up much better.

Back