• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

70 Challenger rear bumper "filler."

v194

Reaction score
There is a long piece between the lower section of the rear body and the bumper that looks like a metal filler piece. AMD sells it.
AMD 1970 Rear Challenber bumper filler
Two questions:
1. Is this Body color or organasol on an R/T
2. What type and size of screw holds it on?

Any one have photos of their originals?

chalrear.jpg

Last edited:

v194

Reaction score
Hmm Just so I am clear the strip is to be body color even if the surrounding area, like on an R/T is black? (Organasol?)

On the car I am working on the screw appear to be a #10. IM wondering if they were hogged out or something if you are certain about them being a #6

Rapidfire

Reaction score
Had my filler off last year and looked like it had never been off before. All the screws measured the same and ran the calipers on them to be sure. As for the body color, I've never seen anything but the same color. I don't think they did anything different from the factory on an r/t than a standard model. If they did, maybe another member can let us know!

v194

Reaction score
It has me stumped. I see the rear black out like this one and get the feeling that if its body color it would show oddly. That is what make me think its supposed to be black??? Hoping someone with an original paint R/T might know?

2019-10-02_19-04-51.png

skip69donzi

Reaction score
That filler panel has 9 screws to attach it to the sheet metal tail panel. That strip is body color and it is covered by the the tail lamp panel as why it’s not seen

340challconvert

Reaction score
1970 Challenger RT’s did not come with blacked tail panels. They were body color along with the bumper filler panel. Only TA Challengers had blacked out tail panel.
Also my JH A66 vert with a black bumble stripe also had the body color tail panel and filler strip.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
The red car is a 71. It is not properly painted. It should be like this. The bumper filler is part of the tail light bezel in 71.
248922_Misc_13d6f74d-e641-4b20-aa2d-bfe2e95c3543_Web.jpg

Kez

Reaction score
I have a 71 RT that had original paint - attached photo shows the tail panel. The trim above was also painted black on the lower half (below the crease line)
IMG_1824.JPG
IMG_2281.JPG

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
Mine is body color and not even visible once all assembled.

skip69donzi

Reaction score
So how does this piece fit to the tail panel, I understand it’s screwed but there’s no images how it’s attached, any help is appreciated

Back