• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Pistol grip slap stick shifter

mistreta

Reaction score
Ordered a pistol grip slap stick shifter from Quapman autogrip for my 72 cuda. From what I've read and info from Quapman their are two versions. I have the shifter with a button on top that uses the short version shifter. Other type was the T handle. I ordered after hearing good things on Ebodiesonly, and seeing his work on line.
Any input would be great.

440rush

Reaction score
I have one on a 73 Cuda & a 73 Charger. Not sure which version I have but mine work fine. The plastic t handles were prone to break easily There was a post on here earlier about these and the pictures showed them with a slight curve to the front. Mine are straight up & down. Maybe mine were an earlier version ? The ones with the forward curve look nicer I think.

quapman

Reaction score
440rush, if yours goes straight up, it's probably not an Auto-Grip. The A-G has always had a forward tilt.

440rush

Reaction score
quapmam, you are right. These were on the cars when I bought them. I didn't know there were others available. I just noticed the bend in yours. Wish they had yours, they look better.

mistreta

Reaction score
quapmam, you are right. These were on the cars when I bought them. I didn't know there were others available. I just noticed the bend in yours. Wish they had yours, they look better.
Found a nice pistol grip shifter at a car show today.
IMG_5337.JPG

Big AL

Reaction score
Hello everyone I'm glad I found and joined this forum, Finally bought my first and hopefully my only Mopar a 1970 Challenger RT and am fixing it to the way I like the only thing it needs is the Pistol grip shifter for my Automatic trans does anyone here knows where I can purchase a new or used but in good condition one I would really appreciate it...Thanks in advance. Big AL.

hofilbert

Reaction score
I'm losing it. Not on the ball supplying pics. Auto grip shifter by Quapman. Has special "CUDA" requested plate on top.

autogrip.jpg

Big AL

Reaction score
440rush, if yours goes straight up, it's probably not an Auto-Grip. The A-G has always had a forward tilt.
quapman ... Sorry to bud in ! But I'm looking for pistol grip shifter for my 70 Challenger RT Automatic Trans, with the long handle Brown = Walnut color.. Thanks in advance.

quapman

Reaction score
Big AL, beautiful car. Shoot me a PM and I'll get you on the list.

E-BODY

Reaction score
Big AL, beautiful car. Shoot me a PM and I'll get you on the list.
Hi Quapman Im interested in 2 pistol grips for an automatic B Body slap stick and an E Body slapstick car thanks

440rush

Reaction score
E-Body, it might save time if you start a conversation with Quapman. he will see your message sooner that way.

Mopar Nut

Reaction score
Hi Quapman Im interested in 2 pistol grips for an automatic B Body slap stick and an E Body slapstick car thanks
Best site to contact Quapman is to message him through his Facebook page autogripshifter

Back