• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Thinking air cleaners, what to do?

DrEamer

Reaction score
I'm building a 1970 tribute Challenger as most of you regulars know. It is loosely patterned after an A66 package. My question is what air cleaner did it come with? I thought it was the unsilenced dual snorkel. The problem with those is finding one at a price that is not insane. I have thought about, and have found a regular dual that someone has removed the rounded snorkels off of. I would just need to finish it up. It would not look exactly correct, but still have the flavor. My other thought is to get a regular squared dual and run it as is. Just put the correct wrinkle paint and pie tin on, and call it a day. Thoughts?

Rich G.

Reaction score
As long as it has the wrinkle paint I think it will look good

rklein71

Reaction score
I know it is not stock, but I bought a cheapo 14 round chrome air cleaner and put a couple of stock 340 stickers on it. I am going with a more day two look on mine. Rod

IMG_4667.JPG

DrEamer

Reaction score
"I know it is not stock, but I bought a cheapo 14 round chrome air cleaner and put a couple of stock 340 stickers on it. I am going with a more day two look on mine. Rod"

I thought about doing something similar with an original lid, and aftermarket base. I'd paint the lid/base in black wrinkle and put a pie tin on the top.

Back