• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

RH mirror placement

70cuda50

Reaction score
I am adding sport mirrors to 70 Cuda that had no passenger side mirror. LH side was not sport option either. I haven’t looked to see if LH holes line up ( mirrors shipped to body shop an hour away) but bigger question is placement of Passenger side. Do I just measure to LH side base and match? Or did mopar designers come up with another quirky moparism we all love and place RH side differently ( I do have the 70 correct mismatched mirrors).

70cuda50

Reaction score
Did some more research. Looks like same location both sides and nutserts are the way to attach. Sorry to taken everyone’s time when the answer was available elsewhere. Just so busy tracking other stuff down I hadn’t found this answer yet but was surfing this site for other info when I remembered my mirror question. Thanks to all who share so much Mopar knowledge here.

70cuda50

Reaction score
Mismatched in the sense the RH mirror is a different shape and size than the LH. specific only to the 70 models.

Rich G.

Reaction score
I know the base is different on the 70 but they are the same base on both sides. (Small )

70cuda50

Reaction score
Right. Bases are the key to the question. Mirror shape itself kind of clutters the discussion. Since I don’t have them in hand I was throwing out the info I did have. Thanks for the input

340challconvert

Reaction score
Hope this helps
This is an article I saved from Hamtramck Historical since I will need to also install a right side sport mirror.
My car came only with the left remote and I bought an NOS rt side mirror years ago, to be installed at the right time.
I also picked up the threaded inserts for a proper install.
The thread setter tool is also pretty cool

The 1970 Hamtramck Registry - "Adding or Repairing Mirrors to Your 1970 E-Body" Page
Dino2 (1).gif

Back