• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

FOR SALE Awesome 1973 Plymouth Barracuda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragtex1962

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
We have acquired a 1973 Barracuda, anyone want to buy it? Asking $27,000. I am a newbie to anything MOPAR, AND this "For E Bodies Only" web forum, please be patient with me. If you want more pics or have questions, please ask.

A friend of mine told me to use the below ad:

You are looking at a beautiful 1973 Cuda. The heartbeat of this classic is an excellent running 340 with a nasty growl being pushed out the back through a new dual exhaust. The under carriage of this animal is all original metal, absolutely no rust on floor pans or frame. Entire car is all original metal without patch panels or body filler. The paint is driver quality, but shows signs of her age. The car sits on all new tires and rims (original rims come with the car). It sports an 8.75 rear end with 323 gears which makes it a nice cruiser. The car is pushed forward with an automatic 3-speed, manual body transmission. Brake lights, turn signals, and running lights work as they should; this is one solid piece of Detroit muscle that anyone would be proud to own.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Could you please post the fender tag. It's on the inner fender of the engine bay. Little tag about 2"x3" with a bunch of numbers and letters on it.
Is there a build sheet? Is the motor original to the car? vin stamp on car?
When/how long ago was the restoration or paint job done?
Looks like a cool car!

Ragtex1962

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, no fender tags, I've been asked that couple times now. I was also told there was some ID underneath the back seat, but nothing I can find.

VIN: BH23G3B404518

Please make offer!

Ragtex1962

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To both Crickets & Factory 318: I have verified its a 340 engine. I have more pics if you like. To Crickets: you are correct, I don't know what I have, I'm not a Mopar enthusiasts, I acquired this car from a bad investment, the guy who rebuilt this car. He has bought/sold way more E Body, A body, and who knows what else, but he went AWOL on me. At least I got my investment money back via this car. Shame I have this when there is someone out there that would appreciate it more than me. I just need to find that person. I guess you are not him/her.

Ragtex1962

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To anyone out there who may be interested in this machine, I will gladly negotiate price. Seems the $27,000 I was told would sell fast, isn't working. Any offers will be considered.

1969A56cuda

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need better pictures and details to get any money out of it
Only factory original cars get good money
Very small market for a car that isn’t original not saying there isn’t one but the money your looking for isn’t there.

Ragtex1962

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please educate me. Better pics as in underside? Or inside trunk? Dash board? Anything that can help me sell this car is appreciated. it is about all original, except the motor. Body, and just about everything is original.

oldkimmer

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U need lotsa good pics of everything. Ur probably looking around $20ish give or take a couple thou. Kim

440rush

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the other members are correct. Lots of pictures would help. Interior, under the hood and undercarriage would help. It looks like a very nice car but it is a 73. If it were a 70 or 71 it would be worth much more. Good luck I'm sure you will find a buyer but maybe not at 27k but who knows. Also where are you located might help.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sucks when friends go awol. Happens way too often.

I'll point out a few things that hurt the sale if you would like. you asked. You might need to start a new thread as we are not supposed to "comment" on for sale ads.

BH code barracuda isn't as desirable as the BS cuda.
bumper fillers painted body color.
gap on passengers door is off.
go wing doesn't belong on the car.
Looks like the hood is a 70/71 BS code hood, not sure without seeing the underside.
Grill has paint on the inner side of it that isn't factory.
The stripe is pretty weird/different and not stock. If a decal it might be removable but it might show fade.
No fender tag kills it for some of us.

I would suggest looking in the usual build sheet locations. Finding a build sheet will almost negate the lack of a fender tag.

build sheet can be under the rear seat, on the rear top of seat
in the bottom of the front seats or in the rear upper of the front seats
occasionally you may find one taped to the back side of the glove box.
I've seen pictures of two that have come from under the carpet.
it's not too difficult to look in each of these locations (aside from under carpet)

Lots more pictures would be nice. Frame rails, inner fenders, under the trunk mat, close ups of vinyl top and rear deck channels. transmission cross member. suspension pics. close up of the painted grill. Some interior pics would be nice also to see what parts are correct.

My two cents anyway.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Gap on passenger door seems to have happened after stripe was added. May need a door hinge repair. Nice looking car overall.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here is one you can compare with.

Screenshot_20191109-064639_Samsung Internet.jpg

djais1801

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
more importantly if you received from as barter for an investment...do you have the clear title now in your name? if you are jumping titles and the guy is AWOL...if any DMV issues come up the new seller is screwed.
SIDENOTE:
This may not be true for you...but as I've sold 5 cars in the last 7 years...I have found this to be true FOR ME...
When advertising brand specific cars on brand specific forums...ford, mopar, etc...EVERYONE loves the car when you are in the "welcome wagon" section...the minute you throw it up for sale on the same forum...ALMOST everyone blasts the ad and tells you its worth peanuts. My buddy just sold a 73 that had AAR treatments with a 318...he was asking 42 to start (which is a bit high) but man did he get scrutinized saying it wasn't worth 25k...guess what...he got his 37k which is what he wanted...So get it cleaned up and post it on Facebook marketplace...that's the new craigslist and very effective.

KATSAAR

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey rag, anybody with only 10cents in there pocket will tell you its gonna sell fast.
no tag and no sheet hurts a lot. good luck

jeryst

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another thing to consider is if the guy you got the car from has gone/is going bankrupt. The court may confiscate the vehicle from the current owner who now becomes a creditor. I was told they can go back 3 years. This is because people who plan on going bankrupt often try to sell off as many assets as they can to accumulate and hide cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back