• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Holley sniper fuel line routing ?

70cuda50

Reaction score
I am planning on running Sniper with EFI tank on the Cuda. I am guessing supply line can be O.E. style and routing, but where have you run return line? Not having car readily available, I can’t check to see if room for running return next to supply line. Could another OE metal supply line be used as a return and would it fit next to actual supply line? If not what/where have you used? Thanks

Adam

Reaction score
There is room next to the factory fuel line. This is where the vent line also ran. You will need a vent line, or vented tank, or vented gas cap. A vent line going to a vapor canister will do the best job of keeping your garage from smelling like gas fumes.

Edit: the Holley Sniper pick up also has a 1/4 in return line, barbed fitting, built in.
I would probably make my own steel line and connect it to the vent with a short piece of fuel hose.

Last edited:

rklein71

Reaction score
I ran my return line on the driver side since I bent my own line and it was easiest. I also have subframe connectors so they provided a good place to put clips to keep the line secured. I used OEM style 3/8 fuel line for the feed.

70cuda50

Reaction score
Thanks. I have subframe connectors also and wondered what impact if any they will have

70pumpkin

Reaction score
I have Sniper on my 70 Challenger. Used a 3/8 line that was pre-bent for Challengers - real clean installation.

Sal C

Reaction score
A few months ago I installed a Sniper system with EFI tank also. I ordered two new 3/8" steel pre-bent lines from Inline Tube. I was concerned 3/8" lines might not fit together but it worked. It was tight but fit. I added additional spring wrap in areas where contact was made. Happy with my results. '73 Cuda

20190720_165246 (Large).jpg

WhiskeyRebel

Reaction score
A few months ago I installed a Sniper system with EFI tank also. I ordered two new 3/8" steel pre-bent lines from Inline Tube. I was concerned 3/8" lines might not fit together but it worked. It was tight but fit. I added additional spring wrap in areas where contact was made. Happy with my results. '73 Cuda

View attachment 66528
Hi Sal, can you show how you connected the ends both at the tank and the engine end? I am installing a Fitech with a new Tanksinc tank. I am thinking of doing the same as you (using 2 pre formed 3/8 lines) but I am unsure how this will connect at the ends. The Tanks inc supply is moved to the middle front of the tank as opposed to the drives side on the factory tank. Any suggestions on how to make the connections to the tank? Maybe cut and flare the ends or use a flexible line?
Thanks

Sal C

Reaction score
Hi Sal, can you show how you connected the ends both at the tank and the engine end? I am installing a Fitech with a new Tanksinc tank. I am thinking of doing the same as you (using 2 pre formed 3/8 lines) but I am unsure how this will connect at the ends. The Tanks inc supply is moved to the middle front of the tank as opposed to the drives side on the factory tank. Any suggestions on how to make the connections to the tank? Maybe cut and flare the ends or use a flexible line?
Thanks

I didn't take any pics but I can. Basically I came out of the tank using AN fittings to flexible hose, then thru a fuel filter mounted just above the tank on my frame. From there still using flex hose to another AN fitting connected to the hard 3/8" fuel line. Same thing on the return side, AN fitting from fuel line to flex hose back to the tank. That way there's some "give" to any vibrations.

Up front by the throttle body I just used flex hose from the TB to AN fittings on the supply and return lines.

I didn't flare any ends, just used AN to 3/8" line connectors (ferrule type). Hope this helps...

Back