• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Insurance value 1970 Challenger?

Tirekickertoo

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a question regarding insurance value on a 1970 Challenger. I have State Farm classic car insurance and when I bought the car a few years ago, I had an agent appraise the car for total replacement cost. Time has passed and the value of this car has increased. I called my agent recently and asked for another appraisal. According to their policy now, I give them an approximate value of the car over the phone and they will cover it for that amount. If the value I give them is an outrageous number, a visit by an agent maybe necessary. Long story short, is there a website available where I can put the cars information in including options that will give me actually replacement value to date? The car is not numbers matching but want to be fully covered. Would Edmonds or NADA be useful? Thanks in advance for your help.

Tirekickertoo

DrEamer

Reaction score
Hagerty actually has an online value guide, I would think it would be better then Edmonds. NADA might be all right. I had State Farm classic, but they would not insure mine at full value since it is in project state. Ended up with Hagerty because they do have a project option, when I stated a value, they took my word for it.

Choose a year | Hagerty Valuation Tool®

R4Sedan

Reaction score
Yep I use Hagerty as well. Mine is also Project. Went in for paint today. They said when its done let them know and I can up the value.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
I have had State Farm my entire life. Got away from them after hearing and reading the horror stories about when you do someday have to make a claim they do not hold to their word or pay out the agreed value. I went with Grundy on my classics due to their unlimited mileage since I drive my cars everywhere unlike Hagerty, and was a little less expensive per year

Back