• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dynacorn Challenger body at SEMA

Adam

Reaction score
The body looked great, and I was happy to see the door hinges were bolt on (last time I went they were welded on). I thought the doors were poorly aligned and the lower corner was touching on the passenger side. Looked like an easy fix.

I thought the trunk pan, engine compartment, looked great. I was also impressed by the correct drains on the pinch weld, under the rockers.

I asked the rep if they were going to do a Cuda. He said no, and explained they have not made their money back yet, on the Challenger. Further explaining that their first Challenger bodies had some issues; they spent much time and effort to re-do it and make this version as correct as it can be. The rep said they also would need to get four or five Cuda bodies to examine and measure the variation in each part.

IMG_20191105_153936213.jpg
IMG_20191105_153740082.jpg
IMG_20191105_155258179.jpg
IMG_20191105_153709119.jpg
IMG_20191105_153700000.jpg

Last edited:

moparlee

Reaction score
Man, you would think that they would have taken some time to align those doors up. Did they have the fenders?

Adam

Reaction score
Nope, no fenders on any of their cars, I should have asked...

gzig5

Reaction score
They can measure my cuda but probably would be better off if they didn't . Currently they made/make a trunk to rear seat assembly that has the rear frame rails in it, can you ask them if that will continue or are the ones in the warehouse the last ones? It can be used on a Cuda or Challenger and saves some time and $$ doing each part individually.

Adam

Reaction score
They can measure my cuda but probably would be better off if they didn't . Currently they made/make a trunk to rear seat assembly that has the rear frame rails in it, can you ask them if that will continue or are the ones in the warehouse the last ones? It can be used on a Cuda or Challenger and saves some time and $$ doing each part individually.
I am home now, but you can call them. I haven’t seen that on their website.

NixDad

Reaction score
So, how much are one of those bodies?
Or, are they simply showing the complete body to promote the pieces that can aid in a restoration?
From a strictly financial perspective, would a body-swap to a complete repro-body make sense versus panel replacement?

aussiemark

Reaction score
I think it would depend on how many panels you need to replace, then you have the cost of sand blasting and having to fabricate patches for the inner structures that you can't buy. I think the new bodies were @ 20k.

gzig5

Reaction score
It appears there is not a roof or inner roof structure. Am I seeing that correctly?
I see a cross support bar in the middle of the roof in the first pic. That looks like it may have studs for light or console?

Price on the website is $17,500. Of course the Camaro is 4k cheaper.
1970 Dodge Challenger Coupe - Dynacorn Classic Bodies
If you had a donor car for some of the trim and other small bits, it may not be a bad way to get into a solid car.

Adam

Reaction score
I think the roof is an optical illusion.

So, how much are one of those bodies?
Or, are they simply showing the complete body to promote the pieces that can aid in a restoration?
From a strictly financial perspective, would a body-swap to a complete repro-body make sense versus panel replacement?

From what I have seen the bodies cost around $17,500. Year One used to have them in their catalog but I don’t see it on their website. For that price I would like to see front fenders and hood included.

It would only make financial sense to re-body a car that needed that much in repairs, due to rust or accident damage. If a shop were doing the work it could easily exceed $17K; just the replacement panels alone would be a few thousand, and the labor costs nowadays are huge. Hell, a few years ago a shop quoted me $6000 to mask and spray my car. No windows, no bumpers, no door handles, no body work, and I already had the paint & clear coat! 6k for an afternoons work...no thanks.

Another thing to consider, in most states it is much easier to re-body an existing car, with a clear title and vin, than to build a new one. A new car can be built as a “special construction” but will need an inspection, and likely have to comply with modern car standards (smog) etc. plus I’m sure the registration would cost much more than a 70/71 Dodge.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score

Just a thought. Would need other items or a donor. Just run the numbers.
1702507047179.png

moparleo

Reaction score
Just look for a Challenger that has a good body. six cylinders and 318 cars. Then you can more cheaply upgrade to what ever you want.
I will also be a genuine Dodge Challenger.

Last edited:

Adam

Reaction score
This original thread is from 2019. I just checked the Dynacorn Bodies website and it looks like the Challenger body has been discontinued.

Back