• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Recommendation for TTI exhaust .

challenger512

Reaction score
Hi. I have a Challenger 70 mod with a 440 stroker to 512 with Trick Flow heads. Today my exhaust system is unknown 1 7/8 headers that dont fit well and 2.5 h-pipe back to the bumper. Anny recommendation for size for new TTI headers and and the rest back to bumper. shall i go for x-pipe or H-pipe. What type of mufflers ? I like deep and loud sound but i dont want headache when i am driving longer trips.
I live in Norway and there is none TTI dealers. Anny recommendation where too order, looking for good customer service and price.
Anny tips would be presided.

Cudakiller70

Reaction score
Have TTI shorty headers on a 340. Super nice fit, can keep exhaust pipe up high for lowering. Very well made.
http://www.ttiexhaust.com/MoparClassics-Headers/44025-Shorty/TTi44025.htm
Can’t help you on your other questions. My mufflers drone too, it’s awful. Looking at adding resonators. I like the deep sound of turbo mufflers.
Look on YouTube for info about H and X pipes.

Last edited:

gzig5

Reaction score
Have TTI shorty headers on a 340. Super nice fit, can keep exhaust pipe up high for lowering. Very well made.
http://www.ttiexhaust.com/MoparClassics-Headers/44025-Shorty/TTi44025.htm
Can’t help you on your other questions. My mufflers drone too, it’s awful. Looking at adding resonators. I like the deep sound of turbo mufflers.
Look on YouTube for info about H and X pipes.

What mufflers are you using? I put on the same Dynomax mufflers that TTI sells in their kits and am pretty pleased. No drone that I can hear when driving but lets you know what you have when you put your foot into it. Vibrant makes a nice 12" SS bullet resonator if you go that way.

Cudakiller70

Reaction score
What mufflers are you using? I put on the same Dynomax mufflers that TTI sells in their kits and am pretty pleased. No drone that I can hear when driving but lets you know what you have when you put your foot into it. Vibrant makes a nice 12" SS bullet resonator if you go that way.
Xlerator mufflers, they were on the car when we got it. Changing the mufflers has been low on the list till now. Remind me of flow masters. Just too loud and the drone is ridiculous. Thanks for the tip on the vibrant. I need to get the mufflers up they’re sitting too low. May try this myself when adding the resonators,but we’ll see.

Rob C

Reaction score
Drone can be some what controlled and possibly nullified depending a bit on how far your willing to take it. There maybe a compromise in the system.

We all know that an “H” or “X” pipe is helpful.
So.....
A longer muffler will quite the sound and cut drone down more than a short muffler. A helm hertz system will help quell droning. Multiple mufflers do very well but is often met with scoff and ridicule because people don’t understand how to set up a no loss system.
A glass pack type of style sound deadener muffler would or should be best before the muffler. Actual turbo or chambered muffler at the rear.
The mufflers should be of the highest flow capability as possible. A min. of 2 cfm per HP.

PasiR

Reaction score
There is a TTI dealer in Sweden. Helsans Service, ask them.
I have ordered my TTIs always directly.

IMG_20190224_132907_resized_20190224_014642671.jpg

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
H pipe is more of a classic sound , with more definition side to side , X pipe changes the sound by merging all of the exhaust pulses into one , generally quieter & more efficient with the X pipe .
There are 100s of choices for mufflers depending what you like , I dislike Flowmasters , they are noisy & drone , the SuperTurbos seem to sound & flow better , Hooker Aero Chambers sound good too , do your research , I would want 3" pipe with 512 CI though .

wayne

Reaction score
I just bought a TTi exhaust for my ebody. They suggested 1 7/8" headers up to 600 hp. Above that they suggest their 2" to 2 1/8" stepped header.

Back