• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

What else are you guys working on?

wedg2go

Reaction score
340challconvert said:
Good for you.

I had to do some kitchen wall and cabinet work back at Easter Time myself.
We were getting ready to go out and have Easter brunch with the family.
We hear this huge crash from downstairs. The top row of kitchen cabinets over the sink came out of the wall and crashed to floor.
1960 house; cabinets of course were made as one piece by a cabinet maker as was the norm back then and had been "resurfaced" at one point as an update.
On top of that the 2x4's and 2x10 supports were rotted out in some sections (from apparently a bathtub that was replaced was leaking water into the wall)
Had to order new cabinets from the Home Depot and install them, and repair the wall to hold the new cabinets.
(no Easter Dinner that Sunday)

Thank goodness nobody was standing over the sink!

340challconvert

Reaction score
Thanks for that thought
I am glad no one was in the kitchen at that time!
My elderly, 80 yr old mother in law lives with us as well as our family dog and cat.
It was only dishes and cabinets. It could have been much worse.
It was a happy Easter in that regard.
Dino2 (1).gif

Thank goodness nobody was standing over the sink!

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Holy smokes Phil, never heard of that!!you storing brake rotors in there?LOL
Good for you.

I had to do some kitchen wall and cabinet work back at Easter Time myself.
We were getting ready to go out and have Easter brunch with the family.
We hear this huge crash from downstairs. The top row of kitchen cabinets over the sink came out of the wall and crashed to floor.
1960 house; cabinets of course were made as one piece by a cabinet maker as was the norm back then and had been "resurfaced" at one point as an update.
On top of that the 2x4's and 2x10 supports were rotted out in some sections (from apparently a bathtub that was replaced was leaking water into the wall)
Had to order new cabinets from the Home Depot and install them, and repair the wall to hold the new cabinets.
(no Easter Dinner that Sunday)
This ever happened to anyone else?

View attachment 62405

View attachment 62413

rbbruno3

Reaction score
Nice looking garage you have there :thumbsup:
I forgotten about this thread.

I figured my project would take most of the summer to complete and here it is!

View attachment 62410
View attachment 62411
View attachment 62412

A full size RV/garage combo. Big enough - 1356 sq. ft. - for a Class A Coach and more than adequate enough for our Class C (Thinking Re-sale value). Wife and I will purchase a econo-box to flat tow and place in the smaller garage portion or down the middle between the RV and garage when guest come over. Meanwhile, she has her eye on a fold away Ping-Pong table for the garage. Sheeesh!

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Some of you may remember from the thread below that I picked up a couple of Imperials and a hoard of parts at the beginning of the year. The green ‘67 sold pretty quickly after I got it back on the road and I was left with this ‘64 convertible project. This car has not been on the road for at least 12 years and for who knows how long before that. When I got it all I knew is that the engine was not stuck but beyond that the condition of the drivetrain was unknown. After restoring the instrument cluster in the Challenger I parked it for the winter in the corner where the 64 was and placed the Impvertible where I could start playing with it.
The first order of business was to see if I could make it run so I cleaned the entire fuel system including having the tank lined and the radiator cleaned, checked and sealed up. While that was happening I went to town Cleaning up the engine room from 55 years of road grime and carefully prepped the long dormant 413 to run again, or at least that’s what I hoped for.
Before.
D99CAD5A-0BC3-4DF4-8B67-731B9C63754F.jpeg
F02F4D3B-76EB-4C5A-8B78-68CE1B39FF93.jpeg

After. I bowed the carb from the Challenger.:rolleyes:
8DA28CAF-D5CC-45DE-B9E1-6C7185123807.jpeg
28FFF3F6-B728-4DC7-9D7C-E51811ABE530.jpeg
B68D81E9-E17D-486A-9526-32F6E37211C1.jpeg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Once the carburetor filled up with fuel it fired right up and ran surprisingly well.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
In fact it seems to run like a sewing machine and I couldn’t be happier!:)
So good in fact that I sent the original carb off to get rebuilt by a friend and sent the brake booster to Booster Dewey. Next is to be able to make it stop so I can see how the rest of the drivetrain is.

moparlee

Reaction score
So good in fact that I sent the original carb off to get rebuilt by a friend and sent the brake booster to Booster Dewey. Next is to be able to make it stop so I can see how the rest of the drivetrain is.

You are right Matt, it does sound great. Glad to see that the old Impvertible is still alive:thumbsup:. Do you have a plan for what's in its future?

Last edited:

Adam

Reaction score

That is great, and the body looks very straight down the side!

DetMatt1

Reaction score
You are right Matt, it does sound great. Glad to see that the old Impvertible is still alive:thumbsup:. Do you have a plan for what's in its future?
Thanks Lee! I really am just returning it to active duty so I can drive it like I do my other cars.
No plans for much in the way of cosmetics just clean up what it’s got since it’s so complete. It was really just missing it’s seat frames and I mean that quite literally, in fact all the hides are in the trunk!:lol:
45D538BB-77D9-4EAE-820A-79B5730A5F2F.jpeg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
That is great, and the body looks very straight down the side!
I’ve really lucked out with the body on it. There’s some rust on the interior floor pans and that’s it. Even the trunk floor is solid on the California car!:thankyou:
If I don’t hit any major snags I’ll be driving it this coming summer.:thumbsup:

1972 AAR Cuda

Reaction score
I just finished insulating my walls LOL. Haven’t had much free time . Plan on digging in this winter once work slows down. Your shop looks nice:thumbsup:
Thanks!
It didnt help that I moved as part of the build (had a house built as well) - everything went in the shop for storage and it hasn't all been removed yet (going through boxes and sending stuff to Goodwill - which takes time)...

plymouth67

Reaction score
Been trying to finish up all the small things on the A body I built for my son. Its driveable but I have things I want to finish...

20191109_182822.jpg

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
I am rewiring the entire E Body over the winter with a grid, Racepak data logger and monitoring 23 individual systems. Also working on several B's and a C over the winter.

IMG9505671.jpg

20170903_161436.jpg

20170821_133710.jpg

20170311_163316.jpg

486231_174657359339103_1685943351_n.jpg

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
Thanks. Coincidentally, all are 70's except the last one of the 74' New Yorker, with a 440 of course.

Back