• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

8-3/4 diff lub oil change, 70 cuda.

Larry Cwiek

Reaction score
Best method to change oil? Original diff I believe. Suck out W/ syringe? Pull axels and pig?

Adam

Reaction score
Pull one of the bottom studs out (use two nuts jammed together) that will get most of it, but if it looks really nasty you can pump out the rest. Inside the 8 &3/4 housing there is a small raised rib dead center of the bottom, so some oil will remain. If you ever pull the pumpkin you can grind down a section of the rib and drill/tap it for a small pipe plug. Use a socket/Allen type plug so it doesn’t protrude down.

Reaction score
Don’t the studs have a cap On The back and press in the housing from Rear to Front?

I just use a suction gun if you don’t have any leaks to fix it’s there is no reason to take it apart.

Adam

Reaction score
Don’t the studs have a cap On The back and press in the housing from Rear to Front?

I just use a suction gun if you don’t have any leaks to fix it’s there is no reason to take it apart.

You are correct the safest way is to just suction it out.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
True , the studs will not thread out , they are pressed in so the suction gun is the best way unless there is any other reason the disassemble the diff

Back