• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dakota Digital RTX gauges coming

DrEamer

Reaction score
There was some interest in these gauges in another thread that I posted in, so I though I would post the latest information that I have on them. For those who do not know, The RTX series are meant to look like factory gauges when the car is not going, but will light up with the digital displays when the car is running. The ones that I have seen so for for other classic car are quite nice . Anyway, Dakota is working on the ones for both B and E bodies. When I sent an email asking if they were still planning on making them, and a release date, this was their response.

Thank you for the message,

Yes indeed, these applications are coming right along. I would estimate the release of the toward early-mid summer of this year. As products are in development, and since they haven’t been publically released, the timeline can float around a bit – but this is the timeline which I would estimate currently.

Thanks again!

Last edited:

Hemi392

Reaction score
waiting for them to come out.. outstanding.. won't be cheap though...

redlinegw

Reaction score
We did this custom Dakota Digital VHX panel for blues guitar player Kenny Wayne Shepherd and we can have more built for anyone interested (without the KWS logo of course) The price will be around $900 with a 3 to 4 week down time. These panels will be based off of the VHX line not the RTX so they will be a little more simple and wont have the large LCD displays. Feel free to give us a call at (661) 259-8891 for any info.
kws.jpg

fasjac

Reaction score
This is the company that did my gauges in 2012. Thanks again Redline Guage Works! They are still sweet. There was a member that ask me who did mine (392hemi I think). I couldn’t find my paperwork on the cuda but, I found and invoice on another TA we had them do. So, I called them and he pulled me right up in the computer. Anyway, the member wasn’t crazy about the clock on the Dakota Digital. Redline is a distributor for them and also, the rally clock can look like original if desired. JFYI

Hemi392

Reaction score
We did this custom Dakota Digital VHX panel for blues guitar player Kenny Wayne Shepherd and we can have more built for anyone interested (without the KWS logo of course) The price will be around $900 with a 3 to 4 week down time. These panels will be based off of the VHX line not the RTX so they will be a little more simple and wont have the large LCD displays. Feel free to give us a call at (661) 259-8891 for any info. View attachment 66739
what would you need from me? the gage cluster?? thanks 392 hemi

DrEamer

Reaction score
We did this custom Dakota Digital VHX panel for blues guitar player Kenny Wayne Shepherd and we can have more built for anyone interested (without the KWS logo of course) The price will be around $900 with a 3 to 4 week down time. These panels will be based off of the VHX line not the RTX so they will be a little more simple and wont have the large LCD displays. Feel free to give us a call at (661) 259-8891 for any info. View attachment 66739

Very nice, I would guess that you could do the same using the HDX series and have the bigger digital LCD displays? If so, what kind of price would that be?

redlinegw

Reaction score
Very nice, I would guess that you could do the same using the HDX series and have the bigger digital LCD displays? If so, what kind of price would that be?
The RTX line for the E-body rallye panel will have the same features as the HDX and it has an expected launch of mid summer this year.

redlinegw

Reaction score
That's pretty slick!

Any pictures of it installed showing the lighting and tach response?
Sorry, the cluster hasn’t been installed in the car yet but I am pretty sure there are videos of a VHX cluster working on YouTube, all the gauges use stepper motor technology so they react really fast!

Back