• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

SOLD 68 Numbers Matching Dart GTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

LB1951

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Dodge Dart GTS. Numbers Matching Motor, Rearend and 727 tranny that was just completely rebuilt. The LS23P8B125 GTS was built September 8th 1967 at the Hamtramck Mich. Assembly Plant. Car has original Fender Tag and Build Sheet. Stock Block with X heads with a production date of 6/22/1967. Hughes Engine cam kit 518 lift 224 duration, new lifters and springs, New Timing chain and gear. New Pertronix Electronic distributor w/rev limiter. Edelbrock Performer RPM intake ( I have the original ), Edelbrock 650 AVS-2 Carb. Stock exhaust manifolds w/ TTI 2 1/2 inch H pipes w/ dyno max mufflers. 8 3/4 posi rear w/3:55 gears ( I have the original 3:23's ). New modern feel ( Steer and Gear ) power steering box. Mopar Super Stock Springs ( I have original springs ).New Vinyl top and headliner. New Lengendary Aluminum Mag 500 wheels 15X7 fronts 15x8 rears. New BFG Radial T/A's 215/65/15's up front 245/60/15 rears. Disc brakes up front Drum rears on 4 1/2 inch bolt pattern. New Direct fit Cold Case radiator and shroud ( I have original Rad. ). All original floor and trunk pan as is the frame rails in excellent condition. Interior vinyl seats and seat foam was replaced in 2006 The car had complete restoration in 2000, all original sheet metal except the left rear quarter Turn Key car listed as # 508 in the Dart GTS Registry. More Photos upon request.
$33,000
Walk around video of the car can be seen on YouTube under Big Len's
IMG_9546 (1).JPG
IMG_9547 (1).JPG
IMG_9548 (1).JPG
IMG_9554.JPG
IMG_9555 (1).JPG
IMG_9556 (1).JPG
IMG_9562.JPG
IMG_9564.JPG

IMG_9571.JPG

IMG_9900.JPG

Last edited:

LB1951

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank You, she has done very well for me at the shows that I have been to. There are not many GTS left around so she is kinda rare especially a Numbers Car. It's time to move on to another project so she has to go. Thanks for looking.

John Rimel

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m in the same boat as you, time to move on. Man, your car is almost a clone of mine. Do you have the build date?

8440E4EA-BFBC-4625-BA9D-24E5D7506023.jpeg

LB1951

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
September 8th 1967, engine build date of 6/22/67

John Rimel

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
September 8th 1967, engine build date of 6/22/67

December 28th 1967 build date

June 6, 1967 engine build date

No factory console TACH? It was an option for autos, standard for 4 speeds

LB1951

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope no console tach. I noticed your Dart doesn't have the center piece on the grill. All early model 68 Darts had that center piece until mid year build. Did your have it and you didn't like it and you removed it, just curious

John Rimel

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope no console tach. I noticed your Dart doesn't have the center piece on the grill. All early model 68 Darts had that center piece until mid year build. Did your have it and you didn't like it and you removed it, just curious

Not all GTS Darts had the Beak. Yes early builds up until late fall would of had one. I have the parts catalog for the 68 GTS and it shows the beak as having its own part number separate from the grill part number. This has been a subject of discussion for several years. Near as I can guess not having any fact is that the UAW strike back then may of had something to do with it. I’m think the beak was provided by a subcontractor and stopped during the strike. On your build sheet do you show a separate box checked off for the beak. Is there a box for it? I haven’t been able to find one.
Lots of theory’s floating around. Jim Rhinehart aka rhinodart is probobly the foremost knowledgeable person I know on these cars.

As far as my car, never had the beak. Nothing is shown on the build sheet. I also have pictures from the mid 70s of the car and none of them have a beak mounted to the grill. I talked with a guy from the town where the car was purchased and he says it never has a beak.

Last edited:

John Rimel

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My car was ordered with the factory tach as depicted on the build sheet. Also, as common with the 68 line of performance cars my car has torque boxes on the rear, not the front.

thing to remember is that during the UAW strike these cars were built by Scabs and mid level managers. Really poor quality, QA was thrown out the window.

LB1951

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, No problem with the hijack LOL. I looked on my build sheet and nowhere does it say anything on the grill unless it's included in the trim package. It's funny as I have been to many shows with the car and tons of people have asked me about the center piece why some have it and some don't. I figured it was a cost saving thing and when they finally ran out of them that was the end.

John Rimel

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, No problem with the hijack LOL. I looked on my build sheet and nowhere does it say anything on the grill unless it's included in the trim package. It's funny as I have been to many shows with the car and tons of people have asked me about the center piece why some have it and some don't. I figured it was a cost saving thing and when they finally ran out of them that was the end.

That very well may be the case. Problem is everyone that was in know back then are either dead or in nursing homes.

Guy in Whenatche WA use to make repos

MOPARMITCH

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice car. I have a numbers 68 GTS 383 A/T in GG1 green. Late build car, but I have a nose piece for it that I bought extra to go on the car when it is assembled....GLWS...:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back