• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Leg room WTF

djais1801

Reaction score
I’m 6’4” 230lbs...I had a 73 ‘Cuda 4spd and don’t remember being so close to the wheel than I am in my new 70 Challenger

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I don’t think I would even bother owning one of these if I was your size. I’m a little over 6’ and It’s not easy for me to get in and out of mine. Although I know I’ve spoiled myself with an Imperial.

Huskidrive

Reaction score
Sux being me,short and fat. If I can reach the clutch I get the steering wheel in the gut...If I move the seat back I have to shift without the clutch....

Daves69

Reaction score
When all else fails.........
upload_2020-1-26_8-22-26.png

Daves69

Reaction score
Yep, I was going to mention those. It definitely sucks getting older and putting on weight. :steering:

It's even tighter in a '69 Barracuda. If i were to relocate my seat back, I might need a longer shift handle. And the '69 wheel seems huge compared to my '05 truck.

djais1801

Reaction score
It's even tighter in a '69 Barracuda. If i were to relocate my seat back, I might need a longer shift handle. And the '69 wheel seems huge compared to my '05 truck.
i swapped out my oem wood wheel because the circumference is too large...as it is when i use the turn signal stalk making a left it hits my thigh

toolmanmike

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
A buddy built this and couldn't fit into it. He now has a 70 Bee and loves it.

Mopar Nationals 08 045.jpg

toolmanmike

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
beautiful...i've had 3 B-bodies...2 E-bodies...and 1 A-body. I def fit the best in the 69 Roadrunner...but the 72 Demon wasn't bad either...i'm thinking of moving the seat tracks back
Not a bad idea. I didn't know that kit was available.

Avalanche

Reaction score
You may need to move the seat belt bracket that bolts just behind the seat. If you install the relocation brackets. I don't think theres enough room, on my 70 challenger, the seat is right up against the seat belt bracket.

djais1801

Reaction score
You may need to move the seat belt bracket that bolts just behind the seat. If you install the relocation brackets. I don't think theres enough room, on my 70 challenger, the seat is right up against the seat belt bracket.
Thx! I didn't think about that

Kowal

Reaction score
I am 6'5" and 235. What I do is I get the black plastic spacers that go between the seat and the floor on b-bodies. I put two in front which gets the seat too recline a bit, gives plenty of room after that. Easy, doesn't change any parts. I do it on all my b-bodies as well.

Avalanche

Reaction score
I am 6'5" and 235. What I do is I get the black plastic spacers that go between the seat and the floor on b-bodies. I put two in front which gets the seat too recline a bit, gives plenty of room after that. Easy, doesn't change any parts. I do it on all my b-bodies as well.

How thick are the spacers?

Knock Out

Reaction score
I’m 6’4” 230lbs...I had a 73 ‘Cuda 4spd and don’t remember being so close to the wheel than I am in my new 70 Challenger
6-3 with long inseam 36" leg room is tough
I was 258 lbs last july 2019
on my way down to fighting weight 205
at 218 now much easier to enjoy the car
might still relocate seats
enjoy your car
p.s.
tough to lose weight at 58 years old

Cratos

Reaction score
Same here had a 72 back in the day but my 70 even with the seat all the way back snug getting in and the brake pedal is pita, I have to lift my foot 3-4 inches to come up to it. and the wheel blocks part of the speedo. I’m adding a ididit tilt column to fix it :)

DaveyC

Reaction score

There’s always a solution to a problem...some better than others. I too am a giraffe so my fix was to have the seat tracks extended by an extremely COMPETENT metal fabricator such that tracks still go through the original mounting holes but you get more seat travel distance and totally undetectable. Not so great for anybody seated behind you but realistically that likely will never happen. Some nay sayers will point out safety concerns but if that track fails in a collision you likely have a bigger problem at hand.

Back