• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 15” Trim Ring options

193rdsow

Reaction score
looking for advice- how good are the repro 15” trim rings? I was also told that there is someone restoring originals. Anyone had experience with that or could point me in the right direction?

FC7VCODE

Reaction score
I believe the Repops are 2 3/4 deep where as the original ones are 3 inches deep, There are places that restore the originals just Google it and a bunch of resto places will show. Hope this helps

jeff968

Reaction score
Nothing is like the originals. they are correct in everyway. I used Rick Miller to restore mine. He did a great job, took 5 months, communication wasn't the best, $160 per ring, but you can't argue with the results. This ring had a number of dings and was actually polished. He made it perfect and brushed.

TA ring.jpg

Grady Cain

Reaction score
I also had Rick Miller restore mine. The original rings for the T/A and AAR are 3 1/8" deep - they are less than 3" for the rallye wheels, I believe 2 3/4". I'm not sure what car the OP has other than a 1970. The 3 1/8" deep rings are not reproduced and as Jeff stated above, "Nothing is like the originals..." Amen to that. Rick did an amazing job with mine which were heavily damaged. Unlike Jeff though, I had great communication with Rick and had them back in under 1 month. Costly but perfect and they are the rings that came with my car when it rolled off the assembly line.

If the OP is not concerned with that level and/or price, then repop is the way. To respond directly to the OP's question, I would not have any idea which, if any repops are good or bad as I do my best to stay away from them.

ring before.jpg
ring after.jpg

sxpckcuda

Reaction score
I believe the O/E are 3 inches, 2 3/4 are the later O/E versions.

Last edited:

KATSAAR

Reaction score
the repops are flimsy.
I bought 4 sets of original 3 inch over the years one at a time in Carlisle.
rick has a set of mine now.

193rdsow

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys. Guess I will buy a set of originals and have Rick restore them.

shakerjoe

Reaction score
I have repop wheel wheel vintiques on my 15x7 ralleys, my originals are stored away...for me, if I lose one not too big of a deal, I can replace...originals too pricey to replace and only 2 people in 2 years have asked about my trim rings, if I have car judged I’ll put the OE on, works for me...

8333DB9F-D5FA-479C-A7B3-900128F712F3.jpeg

340challconvert

Reaction score
I like your thinking on this!
I have repop wheel wheel vintiques on my 15x7 ralleys, my originals are stored away...for me, if I lose one not too big of a deal, I can replace...originals too pricey to replace and only 2 people in 2 years have asked about my trim rings, if I have car judged I’ll put the OE on, works for me...

View attachment 64915

340challconvert

Reaction score
I managed to pick up two original 15" rings from e bay;
one a decent driver and the other better. Paid about $100 per ring. Thought I was doing alright!
Dino2 (2).gif

IMG_5337.JPG

NixDad

Reaction score
I too was thinking that I would get a “driving set” as originals are pricey and harder to find.
I have noticed the aftermarket versions sit tight and the outer edge presses up against the tire, where the originals you can see the edge of the rim.
So, Wheel Vintiques?
Also...another shout out to Rick Miller. Had a couple sets done.

Back