• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

It’s home! Let’s get started

Reaction score
I have the RMS front suspension in my Challenger (street version). Handles good, stops good
Congrats rbbruno3! What made you go with RMS? Considering doing the same for my '73. Would you mind sharing which options you went with? I'm thinking Ridetech coil over single adj at standard height, spindle standard height and include Wilwood brakes. I've read a lot of opposing viewpoints (RMS vs QA1 vs Hotchkis) - my heads swimming....

rbbruno3

Reaction score
The best thing is to read all reviews pros n cons.when I bought mine Magnum Force was the other option and they weren’t good then. Control Freaks was even more than RMS. Haven’t done much research since, Chryco mentions QA1. I have QA1 adjustable shocks and Willwood brakes
Read what other members on forbbodies and forabodies only have to say. Many more members over there

Gaderider

Reaction score
That’s what I’ve done, a whole bunch of reading and I’d come to the conclusion that I wanted the RMS setup. Now I’ve found the Gerst Tubular Suspension set up and I’m reading a bunch again. I know when the time comes I will be going with Wilwoods and most likely double adjustable lowered ride height shocks. I’m always reading and researching so who knows what else I will find!

Gaderider

Reaction score
Got a hold of some torches and got the broken torsion bar adjuster bolt out of the way. Not much progress beyond that and I am ok with that for today, got a good couple hrs with my son in garage wrenching! He wanted to help so at 5 he has now removed a spindle from a car that is older then his Dad (with some help of course).

7B058672-BC33-400C-AB14-013B7DBAF69D.jpeg

Gaderider

Reaction score
Not to be outdone by her brother my daughter wanted to be working on the car with me today. So at almost 8 years old she has removed a spindle from the 50 year old car, I’m glad they both want to be out there helping me as I did the same with my Dad just not the same car since we didn’t buy it till I was much older.

EEC4628F-D676-4396-A95F-B68F039DEDD5.jpeg

Gaderider

Reaction score
More parts coming off! Passenger side done today since I had the day off due to weather, maybe get the driver side done this weekend.

892C40E1-CDFF-499F-8730-E634EA80DF3D.jpeg

moparlee

Reaction score
Good for you on getting your kids involved at that young age:thumbsup:. You are going to have some good helpers there for your project

Gaderider

Reaction score
Got the Passenger side inner fender cut out, gonna replace it and the rad cradle and support. Slow going but I’m in no rush.

Attachments

• 27D54A2F-6FE0-405B-9448-E60B7222DC63.jpeg
    27D54A2F-6FE0-405B-9448-E60B7222DC63.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 70
Back