• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Anyone running Indy EZ (with or w/out Max Wedge) with Single plane?

wayne

Reaction score
Talking with the engine builder and we are discussing intake manifolds and cylinder heads. Curious if anyone is running a short deck (B engine) Indy EZ max wedge port with the Indy #400-2 single plane intake. Curious if this combo will clear under a stock cuda hood?

Or

If the Edelbrock Victor or Trick flow single plane (with standard ports) on B engine will clear under a stock cuda hood?

I really appreciate any first hand experience. I don't want to build a motor and then have a clearance issue. Bonus points for any pictures!!

oldkimmer

Reaction score
I guess I should of mentioned that he is on for b bodies only. Kim

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I built a 451 with Indy EZ heads ^ used the Holley Street Dominator intake , no problems under a Challenger Ralley hood , the engine was a monster !

wayne

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback!

My plan was a low deck 471 street engine with low maintenance, so we chose hydraulic flat tappet cam. 10.5 comp for pump gas. I figured Max wedge heads might be a bit much for the combo. I ended up choosing the stock port EZ heads to not have to worry about the hood clearance mainly. I am happy with the power it made. Should be a handful on the street.

The Max wedge Indy intake is so tall @ 6.5". I couldn't confirm it would fit and didn't want to risk it.

So I chose the stock port EZ heads with the trick flow intake which is 5.75" tall.
For comparison the edelbrock rpm intake is 5.35" tall and we know that clears even with RB motors which are .745" taller than a B engine.

This should work well. I bought the summit Allstar 1.75" drop base air cleaner bottom. Hoping I can run a 3" air filter with it. Will see Although looking at it now (haven't put the hood on yet) it looks quite tall sitting in the engine bay.

Ctriton20

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback!

My plan was a low deck 471 street engine with low maintenance, so we chose hydraulic flat tappet cam. 10.5 comp for pump gas. I figured Max wedge heads might be a bit much for the combo. I ended up choosing the stock port EZ heads to not have to worry about the hood clearance mainly. I am happy with the power it made. Should be a handful on the street.

The Max wedge Indy intake is so tall @ 6.5". I couldn't confirm it would fit and didn't want to risk it.

So I chose the stock port EZ heads with the trick flow intake which is 5.75" tall.
For comparison the edelbrock rpm intake is 5.35" tall and we know that clears even with RB motors which are .745" taller than a B engine.

This should work well. I bought the summit Allstar 1.75" drop base air cleaner bottom. Hoping I can run a 3" air filter with it. Will see Although looking at it now (haven't put the hood on yet) it looks quite tall sitting in the engine bay.
How did your install go? I had to deal with the same issue. We built a 400 Lowdeck 512 stroker. Ended up going with the trick flow intake. The heads are trick flow 240's going in my 1973 Dodge Challenger. Haven't install the motor yet. I'm worried it want clear. It looks really tall in the stand!!!

Attachments

• IMG_7763.jpg
    IMG_7763.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 174

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
I am running EZ heads on a RB 500CID using an Edelbrock RPM dual-plane. To get the Shaker scoop to sit correctly, I modified a repro shaker base (fiberglass) to drop the shaker about 1.3". I used an aluminum (gold-anodized Moroso drop-base painted satin black) which was bonded to the fiberglass shaker base after cutting out the fiberglass center. the Moroso top was not used. I then used a K&N 14" x 1-1/2" filter with a matching K&N Xtreme filter lid. Not ideal for air flow but it at least got the shaker scoop to shake and sit properly.

Fiberglass 4BBL Shaker Base.jpg
Moroso Drop Base.jpg

Last edited:

wayne

Reaction score
How did your install go? I had to deal with the same issue. We built a 400 Lowdeck 512 stroker. Ended up going with the trick flow intake. The heads are trick flow 240's going in my 1973 Dodge Challenger. Haven't install the motor yet. I'm worried it want clear. It looks really tall in the stand!!!

I went pretty smooth. I went with a drop base air cleaner and 3" element. It just fit. I made a video where I go over it all in detail and check for hood clearance if you interested or bored lol

Back