• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

AM FM Thumbwheel radio ID help needed

moparbob71.2

Reaction score
Hi All, I have this thumbwheel radio and it does not have the part number or tag on it. Can anyone give me a part number or which cars it would fit?
Thanks in advance, Bob

amfmthumbwheel.JPG

amfmthumbwheelback.JPG

floyd

Reaction score
That’s for an e-body and I’m looking for one if you want to sell. I’m down near Annapolis.

RJHJR

Reaction score
If it works I’d be interested as well.

floyd

Reaction score
I think it’s the later style with the pigtail for the cassette. It’s a Motorola too. I think the early ones were Phillips. I’m not sure when the changeover happened.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Wards Classic car radio repair had a web site that showed the differences between the various available radios for our e bodies.

73pettyblue

Reaction score
What is the current value for this radio in good shape ?
1971 E-body AM FM w Cassette Plug
dial controls
chrome buttons
Motorola unit w part number 3501050

QuickBpBp

Reaction score
As far as Radios that one is top of the food chain... I believe that is a 1 year only AM/FM Thumbwheel with the cassette recorder option and stereo so it would have the 3 speaker dash. Un cut wires and still has the plug end on the recorder cable.. I would think $500 plus all day long for someone who wants an original radio for thier 71 Cuda or Challenger...

moparbob71.2

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the info. I thought it was for 70 because of the thumbwheel. Almost looks like the C body version. I did find a website that has a repair manual for the Phillips version. Looks the same in the picture. Again, thank you for helping me ID this. You guys are a good crew. Guess I need to clean it and test it
Just a note, I tried the Ward's website but it's down. I had them do my 67 truck radio a few years ago.

QuickBpBp

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the info. I thought it was for 70 because of the thumbwheel. Almost looks like the C body version. I did find a website that has a repair manual for the Phillips version. Looks the same in the picture. Again, thank you for helping me ID this. You guys are a good crew. Guess I need to clean it and test it
Just a note, I tried the Ward's website but it's down. I had them do my 67 truck radio a few years ago.

Greg dad passed away and he closed up the Business therefore Wards Classic Radio Service is no longer around. Another big loss for the hobby..

tonysrt

Reaction score
I have one from a 71 Cuda and has the 350150 part # and it's marked Motorola Mark 2. Evidently it had a lot of problems, on 9/7/71 it was marked AM doesn't play at all and FM reception poor and mileage was 1677. Mine also had the mic plug but it was capped. I never tried the radio to see if it works. I put a pioneer stereo when I got the car running.

gpm6367

Reaction score
Very timely thread. I was just going to post a thread seeking pics of what my 71 R11 solid state AM radio looks like.

Not to hijack thread but anyone got a picture?

340challconvert

Reaction score
Radio Pic video from a 71 Challenger. Notice the chrome buttons. I think later am radios had the buttons in black. This vendor converted it to am fm stereo and kept the original look

Dino2 (2).gif

Last edited:

tonysrt

Reaction score
The above is the pic of my 71 Cuda radio. It seems like Challengers had knobs.

Back