• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Shaker base plate brackets.

340SHAKER

Reaction score
Hello, I am finishing up the details of installing my shaker hood. I ordered new brackets to support the base plate. I have the two longer brackets that attach under the front of the base plate to the heads. However i got these two smaller L shaped brackets that I cannot figure where they go. Does anyone know if these are needed on a 340? If so, where do they attach? Thank you.
shaket brackets.jpg

floyd

Reaction score
340 base6.JPG
Those are spot welded on the underside of the base plate up front. Assume you have a repro baseplate? Originals had two small dimples for locating.

340SHAKER

Reaction score
Perfect! Thank you. No, it is an original baseplate and there are mounts spot welded to the bottom of the baseplate like shown on the picture you attached. So I'm good to go! I thought they looked the same but I was confused as to why they were included with the longer mounts. Thanks again for clearing this up, I appreciate it.

floyd

Reaction score
I just looked at your profile and saw your original post about your triple black.340 shaker car. How cool! I have one myself It’s a
D2884531-60C7-4E36-9E11-45194F718FC4.jpeg
non-R/T, shaker, 4-speed. Ignore the 1/4 scoops. I added them back in the 80s before I knew any better. I’ll be putting the Rallyes back on it later this year.

Back