• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

It's Finally Mine!!!

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Not a rare option to have been installed 70-74. However, finding the pieces now is rare in itself. Especially colored ones.
Everyone seemed to take them off back in the day. Or one gets dinged and mangled so the rest come off with the one that was messed up.
I happen to like them as they are just not seen on many E's anymore. I've been trying to pick up a complete set but that is next to impossible.
They aren't terribly "valuable" per say. Just hard to find.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I would need to find some if I ended up replacing it, and that color is hard to find. It has some of them, but they're faded and cracked. I was going to go back with no side molding and no trim under window, then paint the entire car EF8 or a close version of it. I don't want to change the outside too much, but I also want to clean up the sides a bit.

I don't think I will, but it is early enough that I have time to make up my mind, haha

My opinion of course, is to put that color back on the top. There are plenty of ff8 full color cars and ff8 with black top cars. But the V02 is a very different and unusual option. Especially with such a cool color over the ff8. I think that would really look good! And would set it apart from pretty much all other ff8 cars. Greens are not the most popular colors but this ff4 on top would look stunning.
Also you would need to grind off the studs for the vinyl top trim and if you ever want to put that back on they would have to be re installed.
Just saying, your car your image. Just glad another one is getting put back on the road!

wannadrag29

Reaction score
Wouldn't the V02 option require the vinyl top trim?
i thought that was how the two colors were separated.
I don't know but am curious if a V02 came with top trim.

Keath Flohr

Reaction score
V02 uses the same vinyl top trim as the separator. That's the only reason my dad though it originally had a vinyl top for all these years. He was just confused because it wasn't rotted out.

moparleo

Reaction score
:welcome: Welcome aboard. The side body trim does a great job of guarding against parking lot door dings and shopping cart dents. You can get aftermarket moldings that are glued to the doors and won't dent or fade. Black looks good on everything. Sure saved a lot of grief on my 2 Cuda's and 3 Challengers over the years.:thumbsup:

Back