• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Worst car (most cuss words) you have worked on.

rklein71

Reaction score
I would say without a shadow of doubt is my son's 2005 Nissan Xterra. I have never cussed as much as I have with it and I even have flipped it off a few times. I told my other children that I will not work on an Xterra ever again, so don't buy one unless you want to pay for a mechanic to work on it.

terrywalker

Reaction score
I dont remember if I used many cuss words on our 77 Chevrolet Suburban 4x4. I had to remove the transmission twice while we owned it and the bolts were tight and rusty. Knuckles busted several times. Had to replace wiper motor, heater core, miscellaneous parts like starter, alternator, etc. Always something. Once, in the mountains in southern Idaho with a bad storm moving in, and ten miles from a paved road, it wouldn't start. I crawled under and the starter cable had broken off at starter post connection. I laid under there with lightning crashing around and held the cable to the starter post while the wife started it. I was glad when we sold it.
Terry

fasjac

Reaction score
1985 Toyota extra cab 22re turbo. My wife reminds me how I chose some female type word/phrases.
So, you have a cold start temp sensor to give it spray of fuel when cold. Also, the EFI temp sensor to signal the ECM to adjust timing/fuel etc. Then the MAF
sensor. All this diag using the manual.
Problem was no start cold (without spraying the throttle body) then it cleared and ran fine until a hot soak. Long story less painful, a borescope showed me a fine spray of coolant in #4 cyl after shut down. Electrolysis on aluminum head. So, a cold start injector, and reman head fixed it. Sorry for that long story. And yes I bought sensors I didn’t need.

Wonder Woman

Reaction score
I have yelled out the Lord's name in the back seat a few times if that counts.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Ford truck 4x4 Not mine , I had to change the fuel filter on a power joke , the filter was inside the frame under the cab so it was blocked on the left by the frame , right side by the trans , top by the cab floor & below with the trans crossmember , I had to use 3 wrenches approx 1/32 of a turn at a time to remove the cover , took approx 1/2 hr then reverse the proceedure to install the new filter , I can't think of a dumber place to put a commonly serviced part . What I need to also mention is it was outside lying on ice in the wind at -35* in the oil patch , I am sure there is a special tool for this but not where I was . Apparently what doesn't kill you makes you stronger .... really ?

gzig5

Reaction score
2000 BMW M5. DOHC V8. Pretty sure that size wise that motor would give a gen 2 Hemi a run for it's money and it's stuffed in a pretty small car. The cam sensors for the VANOS system are on the back of the head and a special kind of stupid to get to. Great car when it runs but parts are unholy expensive. Aftermarket headers which can unleash 50hp are a minimum of $3500. If the cam timing stuff goes out you are looking at a $8000+ bill without breathing hard.

Last edited:

chargerdon

Reaction score
1984 Dodge Daytona Turbo 5 sp manual. Shifting is via two cables....one for the forward/aft motion, and one for the left/right motion. With every shift those cables are "bent" slightly, and in about 40,000 miles with metal fatigue they break. Replacing them is one-sum-*****... so tight in there...

I scraped all of my knuckles replacing the fore/aft cable first...then about 5,000 miles later the left/right cable broke !! It was even harder to replace !!

Back