• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

6 way seat

spoolinhard

Reaction score
What can I expect to pay for a decent OEM (non repro) 6 way seat mechanism. Just the mechanism, not the whole bucket. I see people asking stupid prices, but wondering of what the actual going rate is, not the stupid I need it now, another one does not exist price.
thanks

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
I have one in my 70' Charger R/T S.E.. They are a more rare option, so when they are sold they usually have a pretty high price tag. To me I don'the know if they are worth it. But you can adjust so many more different ways to make the ride in such an old car much more comfortable.

ldr

Reaction score
What can I expect to pay for a decent OEM (non repro) 6 way seat mechanism. Just the mechanism, not the whole bucket. I see people asking stupid prices, but wondering of what the actual going rate is, not the stupid I need it now, another one does not exist price.
thanks
what do you consider "stupid" money ??

spoolinhard

Reaction score
I have seen them on ebay for around 1200. I have searched completed listings. not a single one has sold in that price range. They have sold buy it nows from 300-650. That's quite a broad range.

ldr

Reaction score
are talking used or new? pg classics I believe sells a repro . the used may be priced according to conditions. they do have issues from time to time ,especially 50 years later. not saying $1200.00 is what I would want to pay but I bought mine about 25 years ago when there was no internet.

spoolinhard

Reaction score
All prices I have listed are for used OEM units, not reproductions. I didn't notice any of them saying that they had defects

wish4hemi

Reaction score
If they do have defects or are broken, does anyone know of a how-to as far as rebuilding them? They're a little more involved than the standard seat track, obviously.

ldr

Reaction score
not many parts available , however if you mechanically inclined you repair and most likely make the parts you may need depending on your skill set. so times the people either don't know if it works or know nothing at all about them

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
I had to add some additional springs on my years ago to help keep the scissor jaws together. The originals were getting to weak and I would almost wind up in the back seat upon some street comparitive driving....

spoolinhard

Reaction score
Well, I just bought one. I didn't pay anywhere near the 1300 that is being asked for the other one that is on eBay.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
I would say anything under $450.00 would be fair these days.

moparleo

Reaction score
I hope that you have sat in a car that has one or that you are not a tall person. E-body cars are light on headroom to start with and the six way seat mechanism is taller than the standard one and will put your head up to the headliner. But if you are shorter than say 5'11"or 10" you should be ok.

spoolinhard

Reaction score
I hope that you have sat in a car that has one or that you are not a tall person. E-body cars are light on headroom to start with and the six way seat mechanism is taller than the standard one and will put your head up to the headliner. But if you are shorter than say 5'11"or 10" you should be ok.
I just so happen to be 5'11". The car is an original 6 way seat car, thought that I would put it back.

benlavigne

Reaction score
OK, so now that Spoolinhard has purchased his tracks, I'd like to ask someone who's had them for some time: What are the six ways? I have six-way in my latest Challenger, and I've figured front-back, back-front, swivel-up, swivel-down... that's 4, what am I missing?

Ben

spoolinhard

Reaction score
OK, so now that Spoolinhard has purchased his tracks, I'd like to ask someone who's had them for some time: What are the six ways? I have six-way in my latest Challenger, and I've figured front-back, back-front, swivel-up, swivel-down... that's 4, what am I missing?

Ben
I don't have it in my possession yet, someone correct me if I'm wrong. I believe that the lowering/ raising of the front/back of the seat operate independently, giving it the 6 way

340challconvert

Reaction score
Have a 6 way unit I picked up back in the late 70's from a junk yard car.
Still have the intention of installing it in my A66 vert.
Appears to be in good shape; was not used a car for a long time. Is missing one of the two chrome handles at the edge of each adjustment bar though.

The unit on e-bay for $1300- way out of line IMO
This vendor tends to sell some great items, but usually at a high price; how about an original 70-71 automatic console for just about $1K

upload_2020-2-8_14-45-0-png-png-png-png-png-png-png.png

A-66 Registry

benlavigne

Reaction score
I don't have it in my possession yet, someone correct me if I'm wrong. I believe that the lowering/ raising of the front/back of the seat operate independently, giving it the 6 way
I tried moving the lever in every direction, Some resistance in one direction (can't remember which, car is stored for Winter!), maybe I'll try harder next Summer...

Ben

Miguel Duncan

Reaction score
thanks
Mr Moparts sells them for $526 [SKU: 2840-6T]

Back