• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

T/A hood original and WIW?

shakerjoe

Reaction score
Friend contacted me, a friend of his who’s husband passed away, car is already sold and gone, was a hemi clone...she found this hood and wants to know WIW, I only have the one pic and it looks rough to me underneath, any help appreciated, ty and stay safe all
170009CD-01C1-4D32-8BC3-18AB50239F16.jpeg

0F73ACA4-1F35-43A6-BF24-2AC6D8A80409.jpeg

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Someone forgot to pin it at one time. Try to get a pic from the top and the side to see if it is warped.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
between 600 and 2500 depending upon the shape of it. this looks pretty rough from what we can see so I say just under 1K. Plus you have to figure shipping unless someone local can pick it up.

shakerjoe

Reaction score
between 600 and 2500 depending upon the shape of it. this looks pretty rough from what we can see so I say just under 1K. Plus you have to figure shipping unless someone local can pick it up.
I told my friend to try to get more pics, we’re on Long Island and shipping would probably be a problem, fiberglass and large...I know nothing on these hoods other than that the hood pin bezel screw holes look oriented correctly, but the duct work/fresh air area looks like it’s been worked on...

shakerjoe

Reaction score
Thank you CudaHunter...see the added pic and info

spoolinhard

Reaction score
The vents are solid, if it's original, then someone fiberglassed over the vents. Also no holes for washer nozzles. I'm skeptical it's original

Reaction score
Not an original hood, if you have ever look underneath one this is not even close.

shakerjoe

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I didn’t think it was, guess now it’s a WIW..

brotow

Reaction score
I have what I was told is an original T/A hood. I am also in Long Island if you want to see it to compare

20160805_175719.jpg

shakerjoe

Reaction score
I have what I was told is an original T/A hood. I am also in Long Island if you want to see it to compare

View attachment 69915
I just saw your post brotow, I will pass your post onto my friend who is helping the widow, but I think we’re going with that it is a repro, thanks for the pic...where are you located on the island, I think the hood/widow is on the north shore, I’m on the south shore...regards

brotow

Reaction score
I just saw your post brotow, I will pass your post onto my friend who is helping the widow, but I think we’re going with that it is a repro, thanks for the pic...where are you located on the island, I think the hood/widow is on the north shore, I’m on the south shore...regards
Nassau County near Wantagh Pkwy/ Hempstead Tpk

Back