• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

rear disc and sure grip conversion

BSG

Reaction score
hope to wrap up the sure grip and rear disc conversion and was hoping to get some input on the fluid on the diff. @ the collision shop i work at we used to add a limited slip additive but stopped after the oe's went to a full synthetic 75 90 any thoughts or experiences anyone has would be great.

Adam

Reaction score
I tried the same thing when I rebuilt mine, but the rear diff was chattering around sharp corners. I added some additive, GM I think, and problem solved. A fresh sure grip will likely need the additive.

moparlee

Reaction score
Here is what DoctorDiff recommends:
"Use conventional 85 W 140, GL-5 grade gear lube, plus 1 bottle Ford friction modifier additive"

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I would use 80-90 gear oil , non synthetic with at least 1 bottle of friction modifier

BSG

Reaction score
I wish I could get to the addition of the fluid I’m having hell with the willwood rear disc conversion I’m having to mill the caliper bracket spacers. they really don’t tell you what a huge undertaking it is to install that kit press on non adjustable bearings is just the start of the drama I’m on weekend 2 on this. Hope to have closure today.

Back