• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Sniper/Edelbrock performer on 440. what brackets, etc?

70cuda50

Reaction score
i am putting a Holley sniper on edelbrock performer rpm on 440 in 70 Cuda and was wondering if anyone has this combo. I have no throttle cable, return spring, brackets or linkage. What stock or aftermarket parts did you use?

Fishgutz

Reaction score
i am putting a Holley sniper on edelbrock performer rpm on 440 in 70 Cuda and was wondering if anyone has this combo. I have no throttle cable, return spring, brackets or linkage. What stock or aftermarket parts did you use?
Lokar has the perfect setup, I installed the compete unit on my 383 looks and works great

View attachment 69613

View attachment 69614

3E9CA49D-5C48-49BB-A103-52A8738187DD.jpeg

AFF551A7-FF3F-4C21-9733-F78B93ECF1A1.jpeg

70cuda50

Reaction score
Not there quite yet but was thinking of using the original off the 340 that is getting replaced. Djais1801, I love the walk around video. I came across it a few months ago. Good to see and especially hear it again.

djais1801

Reaction score
Not there quite yet but was thinking of using the original off the 340 that is getting replaced. Djais1801, I love the walk around video. I came across it a few months ago. Good to see and especially hear it again.
thx brotha!

edison1970

Reaction score
With my Sniper, I had to use a 45 degree fuel fitting to clear a cheapie 14" air cleaner. No big deal.
Just wondering if you completed the install of the Sniper set up. I've been considering it for my car but wanted to get more feedback on it.
Thanks

rklein71

Reaction score
I am happy with it so far, although I really have not logged a lot of miles on it. They make it sound like a few wires and you are ready to go. I installed it myself including bending new return line, making a nifty bracket than hangs down from the rear shock crossmember so the external electric pump is at the bottom of the tank but far away from exhaust and such. I bent fuel lines for the supply and return so I have minimal rubber hoses and made brackets to secure the fuel lines. I also dug out the back of the ballast resistor and soldered a wire between the two terminals, that way I have full 12 volts to the sniper computer and sniper distributor at the run and start positions. I also had to find a place to put a temperature sensor. I ended up welding in a bung to install the sensor in the bypass hose of my 408 small block. You also have to install an O2 sensor which is fairly easy. I bet you I had a full weekend doing everything, not hard, just time consuming. I would say I am having a little trouble with off idle response which I think is just a computer adjustment to the accelerator setting. What I do like is that it fires right up and idles, doesn't stink the garage up, and has peppy response. I wish I had more miles to give you a better idea.

IMG_4786.JPG

70cuda50

Reaction score
Sniper not installed yet. A little behind schedule. Lot of other good feedback about sniper on this and other forums. I did find brackets at Mancini Racing that are designed for Performer intake. Haven’t test fit those either. So, I am a LOT behind schedule. At this rate I’ll have it road worthy just in time to park it most of the winter. Ugh.

edison1970

Reaction score
Sniper not installed yet. A little behind schedule. Lot of other good feedback about sniper on this and other forums. I did find brackets at Mancini Racing that are designed for Performer intake. Haven’t test fit those either. So, I am a LOT behind schedule. At this rate I’ll have it road worthy just in time to park it most of the winter. Ugh.
Thanks guys. I'm getting tired of tinkering with the carb on my 440. I think this is the next investment I'm going to make. Which fuel pump did you go with? I just read that Holley has a new drop in for the stock tank and no need to run a return.

Fishgutz

Reaction score
To my knowledge, Holley only makes the tank, fuel pump and sending unit that requires a return line. It’s a really nice setup, and not super expensive. Plan on some fabrication to make it all work. I’m very happy with the fit and looks a bunch better than the old stock tank.

250925EE-17F8-4CAB-8097-02BFD5AACF86.jpeg

B33D243F-7DB8-49C7-AA77-63DB59372EF3.jpeg

rklein71

Reaction score
The new Holley fuel pump is 255 LPH OE style in tank module. Drops right in the stock tank so no need to run a return. Pretty cool. $330
I don't think that was available last year when I put mine in. Might have gone that route instead. The return line was not hard, bent it up myself and ran it down the driver side along my subconnectors.

edison1970

Reaction score
So does the pump go inside stock tank?
Do you have to cut the stock tank to make it fit?
It just came out recently from what I can tell. No cutting. Drop in and attach to existing metal fuel line. They have different ones for different model cars I assume because of the sender and opening orientation.

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
The new Holley drop-in fuel pump returns the fuel inside the tank to keep the fuel pump running cooler. The price is not bad either.

The Tanks, Inc. EFI tank, fuel pump with same 255 LPH rating, and fuel gauge sending unit is not much more money but does require a return fuel line. A return fuel line is a major benefit as it provides a return path for a constant flow of fuel to the throttle body and back to the tank. This keeps the entire fuel system cooler which reduces the possibility of vapor lock in the fuel line.

Back