• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

3/8” carb to pump fuel line and fittings

Cory

Reaction score
Hey guys I have some more questions for you. I have a 440 with an Edelbrock AVS 800 cfm. I’m running 3/8 fuel line from the tank to the pump. Right now I have rubber 3/8 line from the pump to an aftermarket vapor separator with 3/8 inlet/ outlet and 5/16 or 1/4 return (don’t really remember which). From there it’s a rubber 3/8 hose into a mr gasket pressure regulator and pressure gauge before finally getting to the carb. I want it to look a little more stock and clean.

1) Does anyone know where I can find 3/8 carb to pump preformed lines?

2) If I can’t get a preformed 3/8 line, will it be okay running stock 5/16 from the pump up to the carb?

3) If I use stock 5/16 preformed fuel line, does anyone know where to get an adapter fitting for the stock line to connect to Edelbrock carbs? The stock line fittings work on Carter carbs but not on Edelbrock carbs.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I would Check with Roseville first they will know if & where to get the preformed lines & can supply them as well . Home | Roseville Moparts
I believe you will be OK with 5/16 line to the carb but it depends what you are doing , I found around the 600 hp & 12 second 1/4 mile the 5/16 line become restrictive .
I never run eddy carbs ,a fitting shop might be able to get something to work , not sure what the threads is into the carb body though & you will probably find the hole through the fitting is only 1/4" , a 2" long hose connection may be the best bet .

rklein71

Reaction score
I would suggest making your own 3/8 fuel line from the carb to the fuel pump. It is not that difficult and the tools can be rented for free from some auto parts stores.

Cory

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. I think I’m going to do a stock 5/16 fuel line with a fitting I found that might work connecting it to the carb. It’s a 5/8”-20 x 1/2-20.

97D38745-38C6-43D0-A953-1FE4FC59962E.png

fasjac

Reaction score
I would Check with Roseville first they will know if & where to get the preformed lines & can supply them as well . Home | Roseville Moparts
I believe you will be OK with 5/16 line to the carb but it depends what you are doing , I found around the 600 hp & 12 second 1/4 mile the 5/16 line become restrictive .
I never run eddy carbs ,a fitting shop might be able to get something to work , not sure what the threads is into the carb body though & you will probably find the hole through the fitting is only 1/4" , a 2" long hose connection may be the best bet .

fasjac

Reaction score
I have to think Chryco is right. I run the stock 5/16 from the tank on a 73 cuda.
Pump to bb six pack is 3/8 and does real good for mine.

Cory

Reaction score
I like the AVS 800. It is easy to tune. I do think I’m running a little rich. I’m waiting for the welding shops to open so I can hook a wideband o2 sensor up and really dial in the carb. I do have a couple of things to note:

1) make sure your fuel pump isn’t pushing over 7 psi. I’m running a Carter 6.5 psi pump. Anything higher and fuel with definitely push past the needles.

2) It is a little finicky when cold if you don’t have the heat risers installed in exhaust manifold and intake. You will need to let it idle to at least 140 to 160 degrees before you try to drive or it will run like crap. With the risers installed, it wouldn’t take very long to get there.

3) I have also installed the Thompson Performance Powerblast Plate. It is really noticeable in throttle response.

To be honest though, I’m curious about trying the AVS 2 with powerblast plate. I hope this helps.

Cory

Reaction score

Cory

Reaction score
I was previously running an Edelbrock high pressure pump that was pushing over 12 psi. If you have a fuel pump that is below 7 psi, you’ll be fine. Edelbrocks don’t like more than 6 to 6.5 psi. I also have a vapor separator filter between the pump and carb that also returns fuel to the tank. Looks very stock. The Carter pump I listed seems to be highly recommended by guys running stock or very mild street 440s.

Cory

Reaction score
Yeah it should just be the carb to fuel line fitting. The carb should come with a plug for the driver's side fuel inlet.

djais1801

Reaction score
Hey guys I have some more questions for you. I have a 440 with an Edelbrock AVS 800 cfm. I’m running 3/8 fuel line from the tank to the pump. Right now I have rubber 3/8 line from the pump to an aftermarket vapor separator with 3/8 inlet/ outlet and 5/16 or 1/4 return (don’t really remember which). From there it’s a rubber 3/8 hose into a mr gasket pressure regulator and pressure gauge before finally getting to the carb. I want it to look a little more stock and clean.

1) Does anyone know where I can find 3/8 carb to pump preformed lines?

2) If I can’t get a preformed 3/8 line, will it be okay running stock 5/16 from the pump up to the carb?

3) If I use stock 5/16 preformed fuel line, does anyone know where to get an adapter fitting for the stock line to connect to Edelbrock carbs? The stock line fittings work on Carter carbs but not on Edelbrock carbs.

So I ordered the Eddy 750 for my car and called Edelbrock to see if I need a different size linkage. Thankfully I called their tech support, cause they told me the performer 750 won't work with the Torker II intake, it will run lean and have surge issues. I didn't even take it out of the box so it's on its way back and waiting on the AVS2 800. Did you install the Thompson performance plate on the AVS?

Back