• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello from Montana

Kevin McGlynn

Reaction score
Greetings! My 1970 Barracuda was a high school graduation gift in 1983 and was a daily driver 'til the early '90's, but has been sitting ever since. It runs well, I replaced the original 318 and 904 with a low milage 318 and tranny from a 1972 Satellite wagon, but the body is going to need some major work. Along with a front-end rebuild and a mild build to the engine, I should have lots of projects to keep my busy. It's a base model Barracuda, but I hope to have a decent car to drive to car shows and summer cruises. I can't stand to see it sitting there any longer.
Kevin

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Welcome from Colorado!
I hope you didn't get rid of the original motor.
Any chance of pics?
Maybe a fender tag pic so I can decode it?

What part of Montana?
I've spent some time up there dinosaur hunting.

Kevin McGlynn

Reaction score
Original motor is around here, somewhere. LOL. Friend's garage, I believe. South-west Montana, Butte-Anaconda area. Pics to follow. Here's a scan of a build-sheet I found under the back seat.
Build-SheetLR.jpg

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Wow! Early car with an early build sheet. #702 off the Los Angeles plant floor. And a very low sequence number!
And it is super cool to have all the marks on it where the line workers were checking off the options making sure everything was correct on the car! That is really a great piece of history for your car!
And, it has one of the best color combos out there. fe5 bottom and top with an E4 interior! That is one cool ride!
Love to see pics of the car as it sits.
Don't lose that motor, helps that resale value a little. Even if it is 40 years from now.
Thanks for posting that up!

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome aboard from Arkansas Kevin!
Look forward to seeing some pics.

WDO72

Reaction score
Welcome from CA! Cool car. Looking forward to the photos.

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site Kevin from Michigan. The Big Sky state is one of my favorites. That build sheet is in great shape and look forward to seeing your Barracuda!

Kevin McGlynn

Reaction score
Here's my '70 Barracuda as it sits. Left rear quarter panel was hit by a very aggressive Mustang driver years ago, for some reason. (Just trying to get my groceries). Car is complete, though. Should be a fun project.

20200526_092241.jpg

20200526_092311.jpg

20200526_092351.jpg

Reaction score
Welcome Kevin, glad you kept the car.

Very cool is has the A22 front and rear elastomeric bumpers and dual body color door mirrors, belt moldings, rear deck moldings.

Back