• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Good deal or not?

Bobby

Reaction score
Hey everyone im new to E-Bodies i have atempted a restlration of an A Body before and got it almost ready to be a driving project then I join the Army and had to sell it. But now im wanting another classic Mopar Muscle to go with my 2018 Challenger T/A 392. My girlfriends aunt has a 74 Cuda 360 she is going to sell me. At first she was wanting 10k for it but after widdling her down pointing out that it needs new rear quarters, roof and a few other little sheet metal parts like below the rear glass along with re-do the interior and of course paint. I have her down to $5000. Ive looked at the car up close with out a lift to check everything but frame is great, glass is all good, complete interior. But more indepth detail is the following:

1974 (B5 blue I think) Cuda 360 Auto
Original paint (B5 or Pacific Blue)
Vynil Top (white)
Floor shifter
A/C car
Matching numbers engine and trans
Never been restored
Been in the family since new
I think all original white interior (minus speakers were replaced)
California Desert car
Engine spins over freely
Was hit in the early to mid 80s in the passenger side fender and repaired perfectly no structure damage at all

My question is, am i getting a good deal from her for $5000 clean title in hand?

Also looking for any tips from you guys that have restored these before on whats hidden that may be and issue and tricks of the trade. Im looking at about a 5 year restoration on it or more depending on how I manage my time since i still have another 13 years to go in the Army haha.

20200106_142239.jpg

20200106_142223.jpg

20200106_142254.jpg

received_616629475548678.jpeg

AUSTA

Reaction score
Hey everyone im new to E-Bodies i have atempted a restlration of an A Body before and got it almost ready to be a driving project then I join the Army and had to sell it. But now im wanting another classic Mopar Muscle to go with my 2018 Challenger T/A 392. My girlfriends aunt has a 74 Cuda 360 she is going to sell me. At first she was wanting 10k for it but after widdling her down pointing out that it needs new rear quarters, roof and a few other little sheet metal parts like below the rear glass along with re-do the interior and of course paint. I have her down to $5000. Ive looked at the car up close with out a lift to check everything but frame is great, glass is all good, complete interior. But more indepth detail is the following:

1974 (B5 blue I think) Cuda 360 Auto
Original paint (B5 or Pacific Blue)
Vynil Top (white)
Floor shifter
A/C car
Matching numbers engine and trans
Never been restored
Been in the family since new
I think all original white interior (minus speakers were replaced)
California Desert car
Engine spins over freely
Was hit in the early to mid 80s in the passenger side fender and repaired perfectly no structure damage at all

My question is, am i getting a good deal from her for $5000 clean title in hand?

Also looking for any tips from you guys that have restored these before on whats hidden that may be and issue and tricks of the trade. Im looking at about a 5 year restoration on it or more depending on how I manage my time since i still have another 13 years to go in the Army haha.

View attachment 72140

View attachment 72141

View attachment 72142

View attachment 72143
looks to have a few extras aircon,rally dash,power brakes,etc
check along the firewall & cowl for rust particularly behind the brake booster & inner fender frame rail around the battery ,good colour combo will look good restored also has the stainless trim package
what's the curly cord on the dash cb radio or factory Mike record

Bobby

Reaction score
looks to have a few extras aircon,rally dash,power brakes,etc
check along the firewall & cowl for rust particularly behind the brake booster & inner fender frame rail around the battery ,good colour combo will look good restored also has the stainless trim package
what's the curly cord on the dash cb radio or factory Mike record

Ok ill look there as soon as i can get back to the car. It has a CB in it and an old Kenwood cassette player that i never knew existed haha.

Rich G.

Reaction score
That’s a good deal for a complete car. If you don’t want it I’ll take it!

R4Sedan

Reaction score
That's a good deal for a good complete car. The worst part will be replacing the roof skin. But, hey its all there and if frame and torsion supports are solid then buy it.

slantfish

Reaction score
decent price for this project, it's tough to find any Cuda projects under $10k for the last couple years. a '74 360 is a great car too, rare low production #s.

fasjac

Reaction score
It would be hard to find another deal like that. Yes, it’s a good deal. Like Rich said, if you don’t buy it , I would

Bobby

Reaction score
Thanks for the input everyone. As soon as my base isnt in lock down guess ill go pick it up and put it in the garage.

budascuda

Reaction score
Take care of yourself first, the car will be there.
(Let her know tho, lol)

57fury440

Reaction score
They sell for more than that without an engine or transmission. Buy it.

fasjac

Reaction score
Thanks for the input everyone. As soon as my base isnt in lock down guess ill go pick it up and put it in the garage.
Good idea Bobby, can’t go wrong on that one. And, thank you for your service sir. MUCH appreciated!!
fasjac

Jim Moroz

Reaction score
Hey Bobby, I just finished restoring a 1973 Cuda from Sacramento, was a triple white car, but changed the colour and interior. The deal your getting is excellent, however the restoration will cost serious dollars just so you know. Jim

IMG_3376.JPG

IMG_3379.JPG

Back