• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Interesting find

AUSTA

Reaction score
@AUSTA Can you also post a picture of the standard tag on the seat frame? The little black long tag that is on most seats.
Sorry to confuse things this was 4 years ago i was rebuilding 2 TA cars ground up i asked the guy that helped me with the seat covers he was there when i removed the tag he said it definitely come off the EK2 TA rear bottom
Burnt orange with salt & pepper inserts H5K4 thinking back the Green seats had been stuffed with bedding kapok & were left in the weather for years before i received so it is not possible the tag would have survived.
I will take a pic of the metal p/n tag if it is still there i also have the build sheet for that car

allie2004

Reaction score
@allie2004 Can you get a picture of the standard tag on the seat you gave to your cousin? I would like to know the date of the seat manufacture and the location of manufacture. Also, would really like to know this was a white leather seat as white was not an option for rt/se in early 70 as that was just not a color option.

I'll do one better. I'll give you the TWA tag. PM me your address.

As I stated earlier they were RT seats.

FYI: When I came of age these cars were either in the hands of teenagers such as I or stacked three high at the local wrecking yard. It is quite possible the seats that I removed from that car originally belonged to another vehicle. Back then We didn't give two craps about factory correctness . Case in point : The first thing that I did after purchasing my TA was a complete interior swap. Hated the fact it was white. A local wrecker had complete set in black. As for the overhead console set-up that I removed from that wrecked RT/SE ...it resides in my TA to this day.

AUSTA

Reaction score
This is the TA Burnt Orange
Seat date 316 day of 69

SEAT TAG TA.jpg

Back