• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

A newbie

mopar car lady

Reaction score
Hello,I am Erin and have a 1971 Challenger and in the works of getting it done.Drivetrain of choice is a modern 5.7 Hemi out of a donor 2014 Charger I bought as a wreck.Bought the Challenger a year ago.Had to stop in the middle of the build last year.A no good ex boyfriend and I decided to go to the bar one night to have a few drinks.He was drunk and I was too,tried to talk him into getting my mom to pick us up and said not to do it.He drove drunk,I was in the front passenger seat.Caused an accident killing a loving dad of 2.I ended up with 4 broken ribs,bruised up good,messed up left knee which required surgery.Took me at least 6 months to heal up.No longer with him,He is in prison for vehicle manslaughter and for injuring me.In January,it was time to get back to it.

mopar car lady

Reaction score
Thanks,also have a Magnum Force front suspension set up in it too which is going to ride much better

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome from Little Rock! I’m sorry to read this horrific story. Thank goodness you’re still alive. Best of luck to you with the project. Look forward to the progress.

mopar car lady

Reaction score
Welcome from Little Rock! I’m sorry to read this horrific story. Thank goodness you’re still alive. Best of luck to you with the project. Look forward to the progress.
It made me think twice after that and knew I was lucky to be alive.I don't get in a vehicle with a drunk driver anymore.I have 3 kids,a daughter and two sons that are lucky to have their mom still.I do have a great boyfriend in my life now I met in December of 2019 after I dumped my ex

fasjac

Reaction score
It made me think twice after that and knew I was lucky to be alive.I don't get in a vehicle with a drunk driver anymore.I have 3 kids,a daughter and two sons that are lucky to have their mom still.I do have a great boyfriend in my life now I met in December of 2019 after I dumped my ex
Good for you and your family! Share pics of the progress when you have time.

mopar car lady

Reaction score
Welcome from Colorado.
Let's see pics of the car! What were it's original options? Are you going back to it's original color?
It was a 440 car with an automatic long gone.It is black,a factory 2015 Dodge Challenger color in black.I bought it in pieces with the front clip off

340challconvert

Reaction score
Erin
:welcome: to FEBO from New Jersey
Glad you healed up and moved on!:thumbsup:
Looking forward to seeing your progress on the Challenger.

plymouth67

Reaction score
Welcome!! We all love to see the pictures of members cars!!!

20200111_130025.jpg

mopar car lady

Reaction score
Welcome from Panama !!
Sad story , at least you lived to tell about it !
I speak out about the dangers about drinking and driving giving back telling my story.Doctors said I was lucky to servive it,said most come dead on arrival

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I can jonestly say I never drove drunk , not once .
Never wort te risk !!
Your friend only one event to tink on for 25 years .
I've also witnessed a lot of damaje over te years sadly.

mopar car lady

Reaction score
I can jonestly say I never drove drunk , not once .
Never wort te risk !!
Your friend only one event to tink on for 25 years .
I've also witnessed a lot of damaje over te years sadly.
My ex boyfriend also had 2 previous drinking and driving conviction records.I knew not to drink that night,my parents had the talk about it before I turned 21.I was also raised to make the right decisions.

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site Erin from Michigan. When you get a chance, post up some pictures of your Challenger.

mopar car lady

Reaction score
A long time Mopar fanatic too,grew up with my dad teaching me good.One is the Mopar or no car slogan

Back