• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Shaker set Up

terrywalker

Reaction score
I found a couple more photos.
Terry

Engine Shaker Removed 1.jpg

Engine Shaker Removed 3.jpg

KennyCuda

Reaction score
Wow you got it for me great now i should have everything i need to make it right. Thanks for all the help. Do you know what size hose is is used for the drains they want crazy money for 2 hoses and clamps

terrywalker

Reaction score
I'd just get some heater hose that fits over the hose nipple on the base and use a Corbin clamps to hold them on.
Terry

KennyCuda

Reaction score
OK thanks are they suppose to be 19 inches long on each side

KennyCuda

Reaction score
Terry thanks someone told me 19 inches i thought that was way to long. On my bible there are no holes yet for mounting the hold and cold air ducts do you think i can just drill them or should i use a tap?

terrywalker

Reaction score
Terry thanks someone told me 19 inches i thought that was way to long. On my bible there are no holes yet for mounting the hold and cold air ducts do you think i can just drill them or should i use a tap?

You may want to go over to this subject on e-bodies.org. Here's the link. An individual experienced cracks in his bubble while installing the screws. Se what happened and recommendations.
Link: https://forum.e-bodies.org/body-shop/5/shaker-fiberglass-cracks-with-pics/17643/msg228976#new
Terry

KennyCuda

Reaction score
Terry thanks again i think ill drill it out just a tad smaller then the screw/studs and hopefully all will go well.

KennyCuda

Reaction score
Terry im gonna drill the fire wall tomorrow hopefully if you look at me engine compartment you see the 2 dimples by the regulator so I'm gonna drill the one on the drivers side does that sound right to you. i was also told the hole is 1 inch

KennyCuda

Reaction score
wanted to thank everyone with the help with the shaker set up especially Terry without him i would have had a real hard time doing this. Does the cable under the shaker scoop go out the slotted hole on the passenger side rear of the air cleaner base to the linkage? Look at last pic

IMG_6164.JPG

IMG_6166.JPG

IMG_6167.JPG

terrywalker

Reaction score
No it does not. There's a hole out the side between that slot and the hose nipple. I just went out and snapped a picture of how mine exits the baseplate. You can see the slot you're talking about in the upper right of my photo.
Terry

Shaker Cable Baseplate Exit Hole.jpg

KennyCuda

Reaction score
Terry thanks i went in the garage and saw it tough to see where its located but all good thanks again Kenny

terrywalker

Reaction score
Kenny, I just noticed something in your photos from today. Did you put the grounding straps on the air doors. See my photos in reply #6. You can see the two copper straps. Just a thought. I can't make out in your photos.
Terry

KennyCuda

Reaction score
Terry i did just posted the wrong picture. Thanks for seeing that. Kenny

IMG_6168.JPG

KennyCuda

Reaction score
Terry do the rally cluster light bar lights stay on all the time or just when the headlights are on

Back