• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

72/70 Challenger in OKC

dwh042

Reaction score
I've been a member of this forum for a while but haven't really participated, so I thought I would start now by introducing myself. I have a 1972 Challenger I am cloning into a 1970 after realizing most of the metal was bad. Currently the car's body, paint, and suspension are finished. I'm looking to start on the engine now. Plan is to do a 505 ci stroker with TF heads, and 6 pack FI. This is my first build, and I've been working on it for about 8 years now. I've lived in 6 different houses and 4 different cities during that time, so that has definitely slowed me down. If anyone knows a good machine shop to build a 505 ci stroker short block for me in the OKC or DFW area, please let me know. I'm currently on the hunt for one.

challenger.JPG

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Beautiful Challenger !
I used a machine shop that was very good about 25 years ago , I will look for some paperwork . if he is still in business

Ron-B-Cuda

Reaction score
I've been a member of this forum for a while but haven't really participated, so I thought I would start now by introducing myself. I have a 1972 Challenger I am cloning into a 1970 after realizing most of the metal was bad. Currently the car's body, paint, and suspension are finished. I'm looking to start on the engine now. Plan is to do a 505 ci stroker with TF heads, and 6 pack FI. This is my first build, and I've been working on it for about 8 years now. I've lived in 6 different houses and 4 different cities during that time, so that has definitely slowed me down. If anyone knows a good machine shop to build a 505 ci stroker short block for me in the OKC or DFW area, please let me know. I'm currently on the hunt for one.

View attachment 74162
Welcome! What brings you to OKC? Which part of town do you live in? I live in Bethany; basically I-40 and Rockwell (west OKC). I work at TAFB. Again, glad you joined!

dwh042

Reaction score
Welcome! What brings you to OKC? Which part of town do you live in? I live in Bethany; basically I-40 and Rockwell (west OKC). I work at TAFB. Again, glad you joined!
I live near the Penn Square Mall. I work for an O&G company, and I was transferred to OKC. Love it here!

Back