• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

A66 Questions

BriceRoad

Reaction score
I have been lucky enough to find the original owner of my A66 Challenger. I found out it was a special order car. I asked him why he didn’t order a power top and Rallye/Magnum wheels? Also why is there no evidence of a Bumblebee stripe? He said on all three accounts he thought he was getting those options but the salesman never told him he had to special order them. He said had he known he would have definitely ordered all three options. The car arrived without them.

My question is I thought that with the A66 package it came with 14” Magnum wheels (later production car) and a Bumblebee stripe unless the person wanted a stripe delete. Please educate me on this. I know a power top had to be special ordered. Thanks.

340challconvert

Reaction score
Brice; Some thoughts on this based on Dealership Data books;

As you know, early 340’s came standard with 15 in Rallye wheels as part of the A66 package but were required to be ordered at extra cost. (code W21).

After 10/20/69, the F70-14 RWL TIRES (T87) became standard on A66’s. The Rallye wheels were no longer required to be ordered with the 340 package. The Magnum wheels or any other wheels would have to be ordered at extra cost. Standard would have been hub caps or the ordering of any optional wheels. Power top would also have to be ordered (manual top standard) The bumble stripe was standard unless deleted. A build sheet and or tag could add some clarity if you are lucky enough to have both!
Just my thoughts on this!

340challconvert

Reaction score
Good example of a performance Challenger with the standard caps;
upload_2020-9-14_7-34-31.png

BriceRoad

Reaction score
Thank you very much Phil. That explains it. I do have the fender tag but as I mentioned I can't read the whole tag. Still working on that. Strange though, the original owner said he thought he was getting the stripe so how could he have deleted it? Something strange went on here.

Thanks Ben.

Back