• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Oklahoma Ice Storm

Ron-B-Cuda

Reaction score
Hi All,
I just wanted to do a quick shout out to my fellow Okies, and hope ya'll are doing alright after last week's ice storm. Last week Tuesday, 27 Oct 20, approximately 7 PM, the ice storm came through and toppled trees and power poles. I've been out of power since; staying in a hotel, which lost Internet until today. The Okie electric company (OG&E) is posting that my neighborhood should have power back this Friday or Saturday.
My neighborhood has a lot of old growth oak trees. Many large limbs came down on my house. I hired our neighborhood gardener dude (not an actual title, but...) He and his crew cleared out my backyard without hurting the house. He waked the roof and no holes. Many of my neighbors have tree limbs sticking out of their roofs. One neighbor has a good sized tree limb through their cars windshield and many hours of rain poured in (it's not a Mopar, it's some kind of Ford station Wagon).
tomorrow, I'll call my insurance company (All State) and find out what I'm covered for. I'm hoping that the hotel is covered. The tree limb / major debris cost $650 (just for your info, I'm not asking for any handouts). The hotel is $75 a day (includes multiple taxes: Amazing). Again, this is just for your information, just in case you find yourself in the same situation. Yes, I can afford all the unexpected bills.
Worst part, we didn't have Halloween. My office compadres will eat the candy.
Anyway, hope my fellow Okies are doing OK.
- Take care & stay safe,
Ron

moparlee

Reaction score
Ron, glad your property escaped without any major damage and you get your power back on soon.

Bobby Sixkiller

Reaction score
Man hope you get power back soon. I’m in Gage and lost power for about 30 hours. We didn’t leave. I just kept the fireplace full. Not much damage here. Tree limbs and such. None of my vehicles were hurt thankfully. Burnt through most of my firewood though. It was a total mess. At least the weather is better now. On a side note. The bank here was robbed today. For those that don’t know. It’s a small town. 350 people maybe. Stop lights are 25 miles away in the next county. Anyway. Keep the shiny side up and the rubber side down. Best of luck getting power back Ron. God bless.

Ron-B-Cuda

Reaction score
Man hope you get power back soon. I’m in Gage and lost power for about 30 hours. We didn’t leave. I just kept the fireplace full. Not much damage here. Tree limbs and such. None of my vehicles were hurt thankfully. Burnt through most of my firewood though. It was a total mess. At least the weather is better now. On a side note. The bank here was robbed today. For those that don’t know. It’s a small town. 350 people maybe. Stop lights are 25 miles away in the next county. Anyway. Keep the shiny side up and the rubber side down. Best of luck getting power back Ron. God bless.

They robbed the bank in Gage, Oklahoma? Oh my! The wife and I watch the local News for the weather. Ya’ll up in the pan-handle always have the extreme weather conditions. Glad to hear that you didn’t have any damage. Yes, firewood goes fast. I went to Home Depot and bought four cases of Durologs; burnt three cases in an evening and overnight. We decided that it’s cheaper to go to a hotel; it’s warm and has cable TV.
- Take care and stay warm! Oh, I’ll assume the bank money will be used for MOPAR parts :)

Ron-B-Cuda

Reaction score
Do you have any pictures of damage to your neighborhood?
Hope all is well !

0E6FCC8A-2A54-4A2B-A062-B69E95DB44B1.jpeg

18E19A86-0229-4E55-A212-53D0D7E3DBF0.jpeg

Ron-B-Cuda

Reaction score
Dear Cuda Hunter, my backyard took the brunt of the damage. I hired a friend (much younger than me) to cut, remove, place on the curb.

Ron-B-Cuda

Reaction score
sorry for taking so long to respond. Oh, sorry for all the pics. Last batch was supposed to be only two pics. Oh well. Enjoy!

Back