• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

WTB 73 Cuda Remote release Hood catch

Status
Not open for further replies.

73pettyblue

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking for a hood catch in good condition that I can refinish. prefer one that hasn't been sandblasted, Thank you New jersey 08094

73pettyblue

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, Looking for the main catch with the inside remote release option. Thanks for the response though.

NoCar340

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an unmolested original '73-'74 style latch, but it's stuck. I can't remember how rough it is, though. I pulled it at a junkyard this fall and it's still sitting untouched in my yarding toolbox. I haven't gotten around to futzing with it yet because there was better one in the same yard that I plan to use. I'll dig it out and get pictures if you're interested.

NoCar340

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll just post 'em here. If you don't want it, someone else might.

It looks pretty bad, but I think it'll actually clean up OK. It'll never be mistaken for new, but most of what I'd found for sale was heavily-pitted garbage dipped in tar... OK, it might've been black paint. Hard to say. I was going to run this one through the tumbler and let it spend some time in penetrating oil to try and free it. It's still stuck; the only fumbling I did was pushing on the spring from different directions. It's still flexible so it's still usable despite looking pretty awful. I don't think it's too badly pitted for the most part, but I didn't want to sandblast it and make things worse.

000_0004.JPG

000_0005.JPG

73pettyblue

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sure, send some pictures. Thanks My alternate email is: [email protected]
I'll just post 'em here. If you don't want it, someone else might.

It looks pretty bad, but I think it'll actually clean up OK. It'll never be mistaken for new, but most of what I'd found for sale was heavily-pitted garbage dipped in tar... OK, it might've been black paint. Hard to say. I was going to run this one through the tumbler and let it spend some time in penetrating oil to try and free it. It's still stuck; the only fumbling I did was pushing on the spring from different directions. It's still flexible so it's still usable despite looking pretty awful. I don't think it's too badly pitted for the most part, but I didn't want to sandblast it and make things worse.

View attachment 79876

View attachment 79877
It's a little rougher then I was looking for but how much do you want shipped to New Jersey 08094. Thanks, Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back