• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Howdy Folks ! as the sign says in down town Golden, Colorado

Reaction score
Home of the Golden Super cruise and the Mopar Mile High Nationals Block Part.
So I joined FEBO a little over a year ago, and the restoration is finally done ( yea right as my buddy says, they are never done )
anyway thought it was about time I posted some photos for your viewing pleasure.
I have worked in the auto body repair business for over 25 years and have to say
I am very pleased with the end results. Have a look.
I've put an enjoyable whopping 125 miles on it so far.
for more than 25 years and have to say I am very pleased with the end results. Have a look.
MoparGolden2.jpg
DSC00601.JPG
DSC00601.JPG
DSC00602.JPG
DSC00603.JPG
DSC00604.JPG
DSC00605.JPG
DSC00606.JPG
DSC00607.JPG
DSC00608.JPG

moparlee

Reaction score
Excellent work Terry:thumbsup: . The Challenger is a beauty.
I like the yellow accents on the door handles and tail light panel.

NoCar340

Reaction score
Beautiful! If you're bored, mine needs paint. 😁 Seriously, you should be very proud of that car.

'72... the year things got weird. I notice your car has an 8K tach, so I'm guessing it's an early car. Do you have the hard or soft seatbacks? Do the sunvisors clip into the rearview mirror base? All that stuff changed over the course of the '72 model year so I'm just curious. There's an untouched original like yours not far from here that's got an 8K tack but soft-back seats (white interior). I didn't think to look at the sunvisors while I was there a few years back, though.

Reaction score
Beautiful! If you're bored, mine needs paint. 😁 Seriously, you should be very proud of that car.

'72... the year things got weird. I notice your car has an 8K tach, so I'm guessing it's an early car. Do you have the hard or soft seatbacks? Do the sunvisors clip into the rearview mirror base? All that stuff changed over the course of the '72 model year so I'm just curious. There's an untouched original like yours not far from here that's got an 8K tack but soft-back seats (white interior). I didn't think to look at the sunvisors while I was there a few years back, though.
weird indeed. when I purchased the car several years ago the seats had been recovered in not original interior vinyl and the backs were soft, I ordered new covers from legendary interiors and asked they be made with 72 material but soft backs, a few weeks later I purchased a used set of 72 hard back buckets and luckily legendary had not made the custom order I had already placed yet. Car did come with the 8k tack. production date 02-1972 so I did think it was an early production but that may not be true ? When I got the car the previous owner had installed a new headliner but did not re-install the visors, the mirror is the correct style day / night for a 72 but the base was equipped for the slip in visors tips, but the visors I got with the car were not, So their I was scratching my head once again. I still have not installed or purchased the new visors but will get a non tipped mirror base and swap it out when I do install new visors. I probably owned a dozen or so 72 & 73 models back in my younger days and can tell you I thought I knew these cars pretty darn well, Man did I ever get educated doing the complete restoration on this one. Thanks for comments/complements

NoCar340

Reaction score
Well, February is about halfway through the model year so it's not an early build car. I would almost bet the soft-back seats were the reupholstered originals, and have little doubt about the tachometer as I've seen a lot of '72s with it. The sunvisor/rearview mirror thing is anyone's guess... A friend came over to buy a spare pair I've got, which are the free-floating style my '74 uses. Turned out his '72 Barracuda had the clip-in style--if the rearview mirror in the car is to be believed.

ZippyZoo

Reaction score
Great looking Challenger. Nice work!! I bet it feels so good to be able to get it out and drive it.
I'm in Littleton - hope to see you and your car around as things open up more this year. Wonderful day we had yesterday - no so much today!
My '71 is still in the shop - body repair and paint. Hoping to get the finished shell back this summer......hope.....hope. Shooting for on the road next summer.
Drive safely. There are a lot of crazies out here.

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome from Arkansas and nice job on the Challenger. I like it a lot.

SFCREMR22

Reaction score
That is a great looking Challenger, great job on your project. It just brought me back to my youth. I did school safety patrol in the mid 70’s, stood on a corner and got to admire a very similar car every day. That’s probably where my love of Mopars came from. Enjoy you beautiful car and thanks for the trip down memory lane.

Back