• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Billboard quality comparison

Leanburn

Reaction score
Is there a difference in quality from one manufacturer to another? I see there’s a big price difference so I assume it’s with reason

Montclaire

Reaction score
GYC did a purple Cuda in the past couple of years, and I swear they must have botched the billboard because you could see a seam from the marker light on down. Now, maybe they had to order a new decal and for the sake of the filming schedule just replaced it off camera, but I really hope they didn’t let it leave the shop that way.

I was also really put off when the daughter went for a ride in a restored car with an open can of whatever energy drink they hock on the show. No respect at all.

1972CudaV21

Reaction score
GYC did a purple Cuda in the past couple of years, and I swear they must have botched the billboard because you could see a seam from the marker light on down. Now, maybe they had to order a new decal and for the sake of the filming schedule just replaced it off camera, but I really hope they didn’t let it leave the shop that way.

I was also really put off when the daughter went for a ride in a restored car with an open can of whatever energy drink they hock on the show. No respect at all.
They repaired a Sassy green Charger in the earlier seasons. The car had been rear-ended badly. On TV, the car looked okay when finished. But, later on, another restoration shop found the repairs to be poorly done. The owner complained pretty openly on the ‘Net and Worman had to do a lot of damage control. Supposedly, the repair work was around $10K and that’s what Mark offered him. The owner wanted more money and I’m not sure what the final outcome was. They do okay work. If a car had a history of being restored by GYC, I wouldn’t hesitate about passing on it.

Montclaire

Reaction score
I remember that story, it was supposedly taken on as a collision repair and not a restoration. I think worman settled with the guy out of court.

sir_veza

Reaction score
Hope not to offend any purists!
I understand why the factory used vinyl graphics back in the day, because the car came off a production line. However, in a restoration scenario, in my opinion paint is more expensive, but a much better solution in the long run.
Just saying.

Adam

Reaction score
Hope not to offend any purists!
I understand why the factory used vinyl graphics back in the day, because the car came off a production line. However, in a restoration scenario, in my opinion paint is more expensive, but a much better solution in the long run.
Just saying.
Probably easier too.

NoCar340

Reaction score
GYC SUCKS!!!! Just saying...
I love how people seem to worship Worman as some kind of expert or authority. The dude is reading cue cards and memorizing lines.

Whether the Charger was a restoration or a collision repair does not in any way temper or mitigate work not being done right. Worman's an asshole.

Back