• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Tremec TKX

72CudaROG

Reaction score
Just saw this- does this tranny bolt up in a E body (72 cuda) without major suregery to trans tunnel?

Anyone using one, how do you like it?

70chall440

Reaction score
I ordered one for my 71 Charger last Friday, they say 6-8 weeks for delivery (not that I am in a rush). The TKX was specifically designed not to require major surgery to the trans tunnel/floor pan and will put the shifter in the stock location.

They are not cheap but if you want a 5 speed, this is the way to go IMO.

Avalanche

Reaction score
How much does one of these set you back?
Looks like a great option, if it truly dosent need any tunnel cutting.

fasjac

Reaction score
Just saw this- does this tranny bolt up in a E body (72 cuda) without major suregery to trans tunnel?

Anyone using one, how do you like it?
For what it’s worth, I’m running to TKO 600 in a 73 MT. No metal work to the hump involved for mine.

Hemi2c

Reaction score
I ordered one for my 71 Charger last Friday, they say 6-8 weeks for delivery (not that I am in a rush). The TKX was specifically designed not to require major surgery to the trans tunnel/floor pan and will put the shifter in the stock location.

They are not cheap but if you want a 5 speed, this is the way to go IMO.
What happens with the tailshaft?

Hemi2c

Reaction score
I mean the shaft that connects from the end of the box to the diff, do you use your original one or dose it have to be shortened or do they supply you with one?

fasjac

Reaction score
I mean the shaft that connects from the end of the box to the diff, do you use your original one or dose it have to be shortened or do they supply you with one?
You send measurements to them and they make the drive shaft and send it to you.

Bigblue73

Reaction score
Has anyone taken delivery of the the new TKX for the E-Bodies? I know it fits the tunnel - I'm wondering about the necessity of machining the tail housing. Here is why.

Attachments

• TKX-E.jpg
    TKX-E.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 256
Back