• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

FOR SALE 70 Challenger convertible project car

Status
Not open for further replies.

RJHJR

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Thanks for the ad!

70 Challenger convertible, Go Banana with black top and interior, 225 6 cyl, AC, AM-FM 8 track, Power top, taxi disc brakes (looked it up), now has an Rallye hood, Top motor, harness, and switch panel removed before I got it, comes with working top motor and cylinders, harness and correct switch panel. Runs and stops. Recently discovered it seems water is in the oil. Rusty floors. Comes with most of the necessary sheet metal from AMD ($4000 in 2017), some of which is now hard to find. More or less a complete car. Came from Virginia. See pictures, more, at higher resolution, available upon request. Original fenders and hood in separate listing. $35,000 OBO + shipping from 43221

$_12.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l16004.jpg

s-l160011.jpg

View attachment IMG_2295.JPG

View attachment IMG_2297.JPG

View attachment IMG_2309.JPG

View attachment IMG_2313.JPG

View attachment IMG_2321.JPG

ProHemi572

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the actual car being sold come with, or without, the original fenders and hood?
You say in your ad that the project car's original fenders and hood are in a separate listing. So, then does the $35,000 price NOT include the project car's original fenders and hood, unlike what's in the photos?
Would your price be more money to include the fenders & hood in the sale of the project car?

Last edited:

HooToTheCore

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think he means it comes with the rally hood and AMD fenders (seen in pic). The flat hood and original fenders are listed separately (original fenders must be rough). Just my guess.

RJHJR

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great questions guys!

My plan was to list those original fenders and hood separately but if it helps to move it all along I'll toss them in for nothing.

I'll have to dig those out this weekend but I did climb up to have a look. Right front is rough, and there's orange under the yellow. Left front is much better and has the original multi color stripe. I have a tech sheet for that stripe in B&W but have never seen one. Flat hood is ok from what I can get to.

Fenders and hood on the car now are not new and could use some work - looks like at least two layers of yellow paint. All the AMD stuff is in the rafters. I now realize I should pull out the manifest and list everything in the AMD invoice. I'm limited to ten photos here so if you're serious send me your contact info.

And I've two pair of early 70 fenders (no notch) I got 15+ years ago that were dipped and will be posting after I drag them out as well.

Car can be saved, look carefully, wrong seats and bumpers but all the expensive and hard to find convertible stuff is there. Its in about the same shape as the one I'm finishing was a few years ago. Car did have some one removed the top motor, cylinders, rear harness and switch panel. I found all of those and if this takes a while I may put that stuff in and put a top on it as premature as that might be.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Cool car!!

B13 is an SPD Scheduled Production Date of November 13th 1970.

No taxi disk brake available on an Ebody. Well, never seen one.

You are only allowed 10 pictures per post. So you can post a hundred pictures on this thread but only ten at a time.

GLWS. Won't last long.

RJHJR

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bump.
Price reduced.
Original Fenders and Hood included.
70 Challenger convertible project, Go Banana with black top and interior, 225 6 cyl, AC, AM-FM 8 track, Power top, taxi disc brakes (looked it up); now has an Rallye hood; Top motor, harness, and switch panel removed before I got it, comes with working top motor and cylinders, harness and correct switch panel. Runs and stops. Recently discovered it seems water is in the oil. Rusty floors. Comes with most of the necessary sheet metal from AMD ($4000 in 2017), some of which is now hard to find. Came from Virginia. See pictures, more available upon request. Has newer fenders and rallye hood from an RT. Original fenders (LF ok, RF junk) and flat hood come with it. $32,500 OBO + shipping from 43221

Attachments

• IMG_2529-1.jpg
    IMG_2529-1.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_2524-1.jpg
    IMG_2524-1.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_2527-1.jpg
    IMG_2527-1.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_2528-1.jpg
    IMG_2528-1.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 159
  • IMG_2513-1.jpg
    IMG_2513-1.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_2517-1.jpg
    IMG_2517-1.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 162

340challconvert

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Love the car; I always thought the slant six Challengers were cool.
I owned a B7 blue Challenger vert slant 6 with a three speed stick back 35 years ago. Ended up selling it; too many projects at the time.
Wish I had kept it!
Good luck with the sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back