• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

72 Challenger 340 fan belt and pulley configuration

FreddyG

Reaction score
Thank you for allowing me to join your group. My son and I purchased a 72 Challenger Ralleye several years ago as a basket case without a motor & transmission. most of the parts were included. It was a 340 automatic car and we were fortunate enough to find a local owner of a 340 that was willing to sell it to us. Our dilemma is that we don't have any information of how the pulleys and belts are located on the front of the engine. We do have a power steering pump and brackets but that's about it. This is an AC car and we have found some images of some locations of alternator, compressor and so forth but none of the brackets and locations. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again for any help you make supply and again for letting me join the group.

IMG_0772.JPG

IMG_0934.JPG

terrywalker

Reaction score
Are you putting the stock RV2 type A/C compressor back on or are you going with a new style compressor? That can determine your belt setup. If you want something more modern, there's the serpentine belt drive systems.
Terry W.

FreddyG

Reaction score
Are you putting the stock RV2 type A/C compressor back on or are you going with a new style compressor? That can determine your belt setup. If you want something more modern, there's the serpentine belt drive systems.
Terry W.
We were thinking a stock system but that may not be the right direction. Any ideas on a company that could supply a complete system such as Vintage Air?

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Welcome to the site !
I love the blue color on the body !
The original system is good & reliable but it is bulky & heavy , if it was my car I would look at smaller lighter & more efficient system using a Sanden type compressor & a serpentine belt is a good option .

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Arkansas! The body look great from here.
I’ve have very good luck with vintage air.
Factory unit works good just so bulky and heavy. Like Chryco mentioned. Look forward to seeing the progress. 👍🏻

plymouth67

Reaction score
I want to know what that color is!! Looks awesome!!]

Back