• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Doors

painter14

Reaction score
Passenger side door opens from inside not outside driver's side door opens from outside not inside.Do you think it just needs to be lubricated properly. All the linkages are set up properly. Any help would be appreciated thank you.. It is a 1972 Plymouth Cuda

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
Lubrication is always helpful , rods might be bent a little so they are not going full travel or there could be an issue in the latch mech .

tonysrt

Reaction score
The outside handle has a piece that moves the linkage and breaks off , rendering the outside handle useless. Usually breaks when door is locked and you force outside handle. This was one of Mopar's poor engineering accomplishments.

Dodgeboy

Reaction score
My passenger side door opens easly from the outside but its hard to open from the inside. I believe my issue is the door is slightly tilted down at the stricker. A small shim on the lower door hinge should fix my issue. I'm in no rush to fix it as my main passenger is my 7y old kid, i gotta open/close the door for him regardless.

ctaarman

Reaction score
It is surprising how close the tolerances are on the rods. My advice is to go door to door and comparatively look at the mechanisms while you move the handles. One of my rods was off by 1/16 or so which was the difference between not working at all vs working smoothly.

heminut

Reaction score
It is surprising how close the tolerances are on the rods. My advice is to go door to door and comparatively look at the mechanisms while you move the handles. One of my rods was off by 1/16 or so which was the difference between not working at all vs working smoothly.
This is true! My drivers side door got to where it wouldn't open from the outside and I got inside the door and saw that the plastic clip holding the linkage rod on had a lot of wear, letting the rod end move a lot in the lever. I put a new clip on and problem solved!

Back