• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Brake pedal wires

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
There are two wires that go to the brake pedal switch. It's not clear on the wiring diagram which color/one goes where. Does it matter? If so, which one goes towards the front and which one goes towards the rear? Thanks in advance. So close, I can taste it! Interior-Pass side.jpg

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
Okay, that worked! Brake lights are on. On all the time! Is there an adjustment to that switch? Or an adjustment to the brake pedal? Thanks in advance.

SFEbody

Reaction score
Hey John, there’s a slot in the bracket that the switch attaches to. It’s part of the steering column frame I believe. Like Mopar Mark said it’s a 7/16 bolt that you loosen and can slide the bracket forward and backwards to get the right distance from the break pedal.

bc3j

Reaction score
The FSM has a .140” spacer placed between the brake light switch and the brake pushrod. I used a popsicle stick and a washer glued to it for adjustment. Quick, easy and accurate so the brake lights don’t stay on with pedal release.

Back