• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

1970 Dodge Challenger RT [Pro ET - Race Only]

Status
Not open for further replies.

projectmopar

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
1970 Dodge Challenger RT [Pro ET] Car (drag race only) IT'S BETTER THAN IT WAS WHEN NEW.

* BODY - This car was completely restored from the ground up on a rotisserie with any questionable parts replaced. The undercarriage: painted *Plum Crazy* Purple [POR-15] (better than powder coating) & fully detailed. Exterior: *[FK7] Plum Crazy* Purple paint with (7) coats of *clear coat* applied - clean, straight & looks great, only needs final wet sanding & polish! Interior: aluminum dash with AutoMeter gauges, original door panels have been refreshed, new weather stripping, new headliner, new carpet & bucket seats. The glass is in great shape along with all the stainless steel, chrome trim & bumpers. The body is straight as an arrow - a real head turner getting compliments everywhere it goes.

* DRIVE TRAIN - MOPAR engine builder *Geoff Whyte* 346 inch [R3] Small Block, 13.2-1 compression, ported and polished W2 heads, runs on 112 race fuel. Chrome TTI headers, 3 in. Flow Master mufflers, TCI 4500 converter, TCI line-lock & shifter, TCI reverse valve body in a 904 automatic *Shaw Racing Transmissions* product. *Mark Williams* 8-3/4 in. rearend parts w/Strange spool - 4.88 Zoom gears & an extra third member setup the same w/4.56 gears, housing painted with [POR-15] black. Mopar Performance equipped, etc. - all the best parts. The car has been tubbed 3 inches to allow proper clearance for new 30X11.5 Good Year Eagle slicks, new 28X4 Mickey Thompson drag front tires. The bottom edge of front fender wells have been modified to except larger tires to work the timing lights, Centerline wheels. Complete rebuilt on front suspension with poly bushings & [POR-15] black paint, rear suspension is by Cal Trac Systems using their advanced lowering kit to keep car low & mean. This car does not have the old super stock stance, now having the Pro Stock car profile. Wilwood front discs, new drum rear brakes. Painless wiring kit with fuse box located in glove box compartment for ease of access. Two stage ignition with button located on left side of brake pedal for more consistent times.

The car is mint new condition with only a dozen test runs, drives great, hooks hard, goes straight, and gets lots of attention. Runs in the mid 11's @5,800' in Denver and low 11's in Salt Lake. These cars are becoming hard to find in this condition, all steel with a fiberglass hood, w/o driver it scales at 3125 lbs. thats light for a street legal *E Body* car.

Too much to list, see website for all the details on building this car and its equipped trailer at: http://projectmopar.tripod.com/index.htm

The cost to build this car including an equipped 24 foot Pace Shadow enclosed trailer was at $60,000. All that is needed is fill the two fuel jugs and go play.

$$$ SALE $$$ - $30,000 for the car without trailer & accessories or $34,500 for everything - TOTAL PACKAGE. Thank You for taking the time to look.

anothe1.jpg

finish2.jpg

finish4-1.jpg

finish6.jpg

Picture_002.jpg

16107-1970-Dodge-Challenger.jpg

roddin1.jpg

phase12.jpg

phase17.jpg

phase110.jpg

traile3-1.jpg

traile14-1.jpg

Last edited:

CudaKeith

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BEAUTIFUL car and a nice set up. Isn't mid elevens in Denver equal to like three seconds in good air?

projectmopar

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BEAUTIFUL car and a nice set up. Isn't mid elevens in Denver equal to like three seconds in good air?

NHRA Index figures show 11.50s at 5,860' (a mile high) is equal to low 10s at sea level. We figured the car would run mid 10s at the "Mopars At The Strip" event in Vegas next year for the new owner.

My '69-1/2 Dodge in 1970-72 could run under the AHRA/NHRA Indexes in Denver all the time. "Bandito" held AHRA Div 5 - MPH/ET record several times at 5,860' on the sea level figures and AHRA Div 4 ET record for over a year. I had a real advantage in those early years as being one of a few class cars racing off a trailer.

Thank you for asking.

zokster

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very Nice Mopar Race Car and very respectable times. I hope to get started on my "70" Barracuda soon. Looking to build it simular to yours but with a 4-link or maybe ladder bars. Man I purchased it from cut the firewall, cowl, and rear sheetmetal out and put in big wheel tubs and a cage, which is pretty bad quality, so I'm going to cut the old stuff out and install a new cage or maybe a 3/4 moly chassis. I build drag cars full time and am one of the fortunate ones who loves his job. I build mainly chassis cars but install a cage once in a while and have even built some exterior cages on Rock Crawler Trucks just to build something different.

Good Luck with the sale on an elite race car.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back