• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Replacing Sheet Metal - Measurements????

DA4AD

Reaction score
OK, so I leveled off my parts car (used a Dewalt laser). It to has 18" measurements at the back frame instead of the suggested 15-7/8" as shown on the frame chart.
Anyone else notice this????

DA4AD

Reaction score
Well I ended up setting the rear support rods at 17-7/8" from my datum line (as opposed to the 15-7/16 recommended). I now have the roof and drivers side removed (man do I hate spot welds!) if anyone is removing the roof skin I highly recommend removing the drip rail trim also. The roof structure was rotted though in a couple of the spot welds holding on the drip rail trim. Looks like I'll be buying those too!

Last edited:

DA4AD

Reaction score
OK, so I got the new roof on, drivers side quarter, doors, passengers front fender, front rear glass and hood on. I want to confirm panel gaps before I start welding everything solid.
my issue is my hood hinges, it seams like they are preventing the hood from closing all the way.
when I close the hood so the front is flush with the header panel, it wants to lift the back off the hood up. Is the normal or do ii have faulty hinges?
also what should be used to install the front/rear windows?

Last edited:

Adam

Reaction score
The hinges are counter intuitive.. You will have to adjust the front and back up and down as required... lots of trial and error; I had to do this with new hinges...

For the windows search for "3M Ribbon Sealer." It comes in two thicknesses 3/8 and 5/16, I believe. If you are using new replacement glass (it may be thinner) use the 3/8 ths for sure. Also dont forget to install the trim clips on the new roof panel before installing the glass!

Back