• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

'73 Challenger Rallye Restoration

74chlngrTT5.9

Reaction score
Bill,
Pic of manual latch with top lever that gets pushed on for release.

Mike
20151005_171547_zpsjpd5dcdj.jpg

challenger6pak

Reaction score
In south Florida thieves get to swim with the gators in the Everglades.

Bill

Reaction score
Bill,
Pic of manual latch with top lever that gets pushed on for release.

Mike
20151005_171547_zpsjpd5dcdj.jpg

Thanks for sharing!!
I see now how the lever can work with this latch. I have my 73 and a 74 that I purchased for parts car. I have one good and one bad cable. I also have the lever. It's interesting why I have 3 with only two cars. Maybe the fiberglass header grille is not original to the car. The world may never know.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
In south Florida thieves get to swim with the gators in the Everglades. (I have no idea why this posted twice.)

Last edited:

74chlngrTT5.9

Reaction score
I agree the cable is safer. But...
My concern is what has to happen if cable was to fail. Lots of ingenuity required to now open hood without damaging the precious parts.
Mine is still old, original and slightly tattered so not too worried now. But after shiney happens all things change.
Bill, I sent you a pm.

Last edited:

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Unfortunately, it is easy to open the hood without the cable, if you know how.

Bill

Reaction score
I see a lot of electric ovens around on craigslist for $0.00. I have a 230v plug in my barn. I am currently getting my 14" rallye wheels sandblasted. The sandblaster is going to make sure they stay in a conditioned space out of the rain and elements after he blasts them. I was thinking about doing my own powder coating. Has anyone done this successfully the first time around? I would do a couple of practice rounds first. Eastwood seems to be the place to buy the gun and powder.

Bill

Reaction score
I see a lot of electric ovens around on craigslist for $0.00. I have a 230v plug in my barn. I am currently getting my 14" rallye wheels sandblasted. The sandblaster is going to make sure they stay in a conditioned space out of the rain and elements after he blasts them. I was thinking about doing my own powder coating. Has anyone done this successfully the first time around? I would do a couple of practice rounds first. Eastwood seems to be the place to buy the gun and powder.
It it really this easy?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqY-M4V4IKY

Bill

Reaction score
Welded up a front license plate bracket today. Vermont requires front license plate. 003.jpg007.jpg009.jpg

003.jpg

007.jpg

009.jpg

Bill

Reaction score
Bill. Why don't you do the blackout treatment behind the grill ?

Well I don't know Leo? I will do that if you think it will look better. Thanks for the insight! I will take care of that later but right now I gotta spend time on other things. I remember you commenting a few years ago telling me to make sure I painted the inside of the hood the same color as the car. All good stuff for a novice to know. Thanks!!!

Last edited:

moparleo

Reaction score
The white color under the hood was to help reflect light from an under hood lamp in case of break down at night. Like painting your garage white. It gives a good reflective finish to brighten up the whole garage.

74chlngrTT5.9

Reaction score
What is that thing again that is blocking the awesome looking landscape picture? Lol

Bill

Reaction score
What is that thing again that is blocking the awesome looking landscape picture? Lol

We have had a spectacular fall foliage season here in Vermont. Lots of tourist come up this time of year to do the Bob Newhart thing. We say "New York money helps keep Vermont Green" (lol). Seems like there is an award winning photo opportunity around every corner this year.003.jpgPhoto from the edge of our field.

003.jpg

74chlngrTT5.9

Reaction score
Very nice.

I just returned yesterday to pay respects to my father who passed.
My old stomping grounds in Wisconsin. Weather and the landscaping was a nice distraction for the somber reason.
Every time I go back forces me to justify my staying out west here.
View from the deck of my aunts cabin. Fish clean and eat all within a couple of hours.

20151011_160534_zpsgcljhx21.jpg

Did you get your hood latch sorted?

Mike.

Bill

Reaction score
Very nice.

I just returned yesterday to pay respects to my father who passed.
My old stomping grounds in Wisconsin. Weather and the landscaping was a nice distraction for the somber reason.
Every time I go back forces me to justify my staying out west here.
View from the deck of my aunts cabin. Fish clean and eat all within a couple of hours.

20151011_160534_zpsgcljhx21.jpg

Did you get your hood latch sorted?

Mike.

Sorry to hear about your dad. Hope everyone is doing well. I wound up using the interior cable for the hood latch. It works fine. Picked up a free electric oven yesterday. I have a powder coat gun coming from Harbor Freight. Going to powder coat my Rallye wheels. They are at the sandblasters now. Got a set of Cooper Cobra G.T. 225/70/14 ordered. Wired up my new reverse light switch to the Infinity box master cell today. The old switch was not making continuity. Even got the dash reverse light working (very cool!). Installed the speedometer cable and I am getting a buzzing noise at higher MPH while car is on stand. Think I may need a new cable??

Back