• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

US Car Tools Core Support Stiffener - Width of frame horns

rklein71

Reaction score
I bought a chassis stiffening kit for US Car Tools for my 71 Barracuda. The core support stiffener is too narrow to slide over the existing core support.

Would someone please give me a width of their frame rail horns. I want to rule out any frame issues. I see no obvious distortion but you never know.

Thanks

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Look at the link Leo posted. It goes in the place of your old support; not over it.

rklein71

Reaction score

rklein71

Reaction score
I bought a chassis stiffening kit for US Car Tools for my 71 Barracuda. The core support stiffener is too narrow to slide over the existing core support.

Would someone please give me a width of their frame rail horns. I want to rule out any frame issues. I see no obvious distortion but you never know.

Thanks

I found a link that shows the width to be 36 3/8. My car is spot on.

mpdlawdog

Reaction score
I had to do some pounding and grinding to get mine to fit over my existing....in a perfect world Im sure they go right over...my car was hit in the dr side fender at one point in its life (just installed a new inner fender) so who knows how much that threw it off..wasnt much but just enough....

burntorange70

Reaction score
It says in the description you can cut out the old one and replace it with that chincy thing or put it over top of the old one. Either way you go some massaging will be needed.

challenger6pak

Reaction score
The original kits were shapped differently and you had to cut it off. Now, I see the old part can be left on or removed. If removed, you only use the center section of your old core support if you are running a/c. You need the condensor mount. Otherwise you can just use the new lower core support from USCT.

mpdlawdog

Reaction score
The original kits were shapped differently and you had to cut it off. Now, I see the old part can be left on or removed. If removed, you only use the center section of your old core support if you are running a/c. You need the condensor mount. Otherwise you can just use the new lower core support from USCT.

hey your inbox is full challenger6pak.......sorry to jump in the thread

rhamson

Reaction score
Core Support 50% Reduction.jpgI have one of the older ones. They shipped mine without the 2" extension blocks. I called them up and they said they would ship them and they never did. I welded my own in and cutout where they pass through the old support.

Core Support 50% Reduction.jpg

Back