• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Filling the New 727

scoose

Reaction score
Ok fellas I'm getting ready to fill the tranny up with fluid. Just a couple thoughts and I'd like your opinions. I have been taking in a lot of info from multiple sites and man do opinions vary!!!
May as well be reading "whats the best tire brand" threads.

My 383 dynoed at 480 hp 520 torque. Since the tranny was not original to the car ( like the motor ) I ordered a tranny from Coan racing. They built the tranny specifically from the build sheet and dyno numbers. Their recommendations are broad for the transmission fluid. Type F, FA, DexIII/Mercon, or full synthetic ( they named Amsoil specifically ).

So, Again I have read a LOT! Opinions are BROAD. This car will be a sunny day car, a few times down the strip and taken to some shows. Not a race car by any means but I do want her to run well.

I am looking at ATI Super F fluid which seems to be the best combination of the Type F and Synthetic fluids. What say you?? Where do y'all stand on this? Also, I should be buying about 10qts for the 727 correct??

reborn73

Reaction score
The only part I can reply to is the 10 qts. A stock (empty 727) needs 10 qts. Others will chime in soon to the rest of your ??

TC_Cuda

Reaction score
As you said opinion's vary. I personally like Synthetics, and, I use it in everything, Engine, Trans , and Rear end .

just my 2 cents

maddog1800

Reaction score
Ok fellas I'm getting ready to fill the tranny up with fluid. Just a couple thoughts and I'd like your opinions. I have been taking in a lot of info from multiple sites and man do opinions vary!!!
May as well be reading "whats the best tire brand" threads.

My 383 dynoed at 480 hp 520 torque. Since the tranny was not original to the car ( like the motor ) I ordered a tranny from Coan racing. They built the tranny specifically from the build sheet and dyno numbers. Their recommendations are broad for the transmission fluid. Type F, FA, DexIII/Mercon, or full synthetic ( they named Amsoil specifically ).

So, Again I have read a LOT! Opinions are BROAD. This car will be a sunny day car, a few times down the strip and taken to some shows. Not a race car by any means but I do want her to run well

I am looking at ATI Super F fluid which seems to be the best combination of the Type F and Synthetic fluids. What say you?? Where do y'all stand on this? Also, I should be buying about 10qts for the 727 correct??
Type F works very well, I drag raced a 727 for 8 years and never tore it down. As far as quanty, depending on your converter diameter but 10 qts. should do it easy...

scoose

Reaction score
Thanks All!!!

I ended up Going with the ATI Super F. Seems to be the best of both worlds as a synthetic with the type F inhibitor. We'll see how it works out

Back