• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

E Brake line placement

lawnman

Reaction score
My e-brake cable seems to be rubbing frame and exhaust as it is below and has no "spacers" to move it away from frame/exhaust system. Is there frame connection points builder missed or is there a part I need to keep line from touching frame/exhaust?
thanks

Adam

Reaction score
With my aftermarket (larger) exhaust, the cable was touching the driveshaft; if I routed it below the exhaust it would rub on the exhaust. I made a simple bracket to hold the cable between the driveshaft and exhaust. My exhaust (TTI) has a crossover tube almost directly below the cable and I was able to use the crossover tube clamp to secure the bracket.

lawnman

Reaction score
With my aftermarket (larger) exhaust, the cable was touching the driveshaft; if I routed it below the exhaust it would rub on the exhaust. I made a simple bracket to hold the cable between the driveshaft and exhaust. My exhaust (TTI) has a crossover tube almost directly below the cable and I was able to use the crossover tube clamp to secure the bracket.
Thanks Adam. I was thinking of making a bracket...bolt on...to move line, but I'm suppose to have STOCK inculding the two rear mufflers.
Seems strange, but my builder told me he had exact same problem you described with "oversized" exhaust system. I'll have to see what it is now...never looked at it before, as it works fine. Won't be long tho until cable is worn for sure.
Thanks again, Mike

quapman

Reaction score
What year is your car? 70s have a different setup than 71-4.

lawnman

Reaction score
It IS a 73 340. and just finished the build. Never noticed til cleaning underneath. Going to take photos and send to builder.

thank you for your reply.

quapman

Reaction score
If you go to the RK Motors site and look at sold cars, they usually have really good undercarriage pictures. They're a site sponsor, so you should see a link to your right.

lawnman

Reaction score
If you go to the RK Motors site and look at sold cars, they usually have really good undercarriage pictures. They're a site sponsor, so you should see a link to your right.
You were absolutely correct and, pretty much, confirms my suspectons, wrong size exhaust pipes. Not a "bad thing", but will have to re-route E-brake lines up and under. Builder will do it, but needs to see it. He knew "larger than stock" might create a problem
but was NOT the one who did the install of pipes.

Thank all for your help, MIke

Back