• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Electric trunk release

70Hardtop

Reaction score
Hi, I bought a couple of electric trunk release assemblies from Ebay, they look to be genuine ones, one has the Pentastar on the plastic cover, the other doesn't. Both have exactly the same large yellow push buttons in a black surround with the white letters TRUNK marked on the top.

Can somebody please post a picture of where the correct position they are installed in a Challenger please? I have two Challengers, a 73 Rallye and a 71 Challenger. Or if you don't have a picture, please describe where they go (same position in both model cars?)

Thanks

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Electric was never on a Challenger. They sound like J body Diplomat, Imperial parts. Post a pic of what you have.

quapman

Reaction score
On the C bodies I've found them in, they were on the "ceiling" of the glove box.

70Hardtop

Reaction score
Ok thanks, yes I should have realised that E bodies didn't have electric, if they had them at all (I'm sure they did) they would have had a cable or a vacuum one. The photos here are same as mine. Fifth Avenue and Diplomat etc. But the position of the switch in the photo here is wrong and looks silly (on an A body). I think the glove box position is most accurate, but will have to make a bracket to hold the switch. Thanks

Elec trunk release 1.jpg

Elec trunk release.jpg

Elec trunk release in A body.jpg

Back